Dish removing my local NBC?

I think this quote from the American Television Alliance at the above link pretty much sums up the whole situation:

"In the 10-year period between 2008-2018, retransmission fees collected by broadcasters went from about $500 million to $10.1 billion, an increase of 1,920 percent."

So glad I have my Tablo ota dvr and an antenna. And the good news is soon TABLO will have auto skip for all commercials on your recordings. Even the older tablos will get the software to enable this feature. No more finger pushes needed. So $12.00 a month for satellite locals X 12 months= $144.00 a year I am saving now. :bigok

or have dish add locast to the hopper 3 dvr they are adding two more cities real soon Miami and another town real soon .now you know why so many folks are cord cutting

Reactions: andy_horton
or have dish add locast to the hopper 3 dvr they are adding two more cities real soon Miami and another town real soon .

Until Locast reaches some significant DMA saturation, I don't see it as an option for enough people to justify putting it on the H3. Locast includes 7 DMA's, soon to be 9, but there 210 DMA's...

Reactions: dennispap
I think this quote from the American Television Alliance at the above link pretty much sums up the whole situation:

"In the 10-year period between 2008-2018, retransmission fees collected by broadcasters went from about $500 million to $10.1 billion, an increase of 1,920 percent."

That indeed sums it up.

Tablo looks interesting but if you get the Guide, you are only saving $7 a month.

So glad I have my Tablo ota dvr and an antenna. And the good news is soon TABLO will have auto skip for all commercials on your recordings. Even the older tablos will get the software to enable this feature. No more finger pushes needed. So $12.00 a month for satellite locals X 12 months= $144.00 a year I am saving now. :bigok

I've been checking the Tablo out, one thing I've been trying to figure out is if it does name based recording and can you set it to only record new episodes?

I've been checking the Tablo out, one thing I've been trying to figure out is if it does name based recording and can you set it to only record new episodes?
I've used a Tablo for a couple years, doesn't do name based recordings but you can configure to record only new episodes.

Do the one time guide purchase and don't do monthly, I just figured the lifetime guide subscription as part of my original purchase price. Best part is it works like dish anywhere, accessible from almost anywhere by your local network or the internet .

Reactions: dishdude
It does name based recording if you pay for the guide information. Either $5.00 a month or lifetime fee of $149.00. You get up to two weeks information in the system.You will get 24hrs of actual guide in grid style. With Tablo you go through by network channels ,access the shows you watch and you can make it record either new or All episodes. I have had the Tablo since June and it works very well. It is reliable and come March will have automatic commercial skip. It is what the Primetime Anytime feature was supposed to have before the networks negotiated that away with so many days without auto skip per network. I highly recommend Tablo to any one who has an antenna and who can hook it to their router. Then you can use it anywhere with no limits to how many streams you can watch at a time like DISH’s app does.

I've used a Tablo for a couple years, doesn't do name based recordings but you can configure to record only new episodes.

Do the one time guide purchase and don't do monthly, I just figured the lifetime guide subscription as part of my original purchase price. Best part is it works like dish anywhere, accessible from almost anywhere by your local network or the internet .
If you pay for guide information either monthly or lifetime it does do name based recording.