Dish renewal email

scgt1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Arlington, TX
Got my renewal email the other day. Needless to say not very impressed with the renewal offer.
My initial offer was for $10 credit for auto and ebill now just $5 is offered. It also seems if going in and creating an actual new order there are discounts for the joey receivers for 24 months unlike with the renewal offer. Also I've seen two different offers for new customers with either an Echo Dot, $50 credit, $150 card, and I'm also seeing a combination of these offers available.

I've fought like mad these last two years to get the H3 upgrade without having to pay any equipment fee to where I finally gave up 6 or so months ago. I got service a few months (2-3 max) prior to the H3 coming out. At the time of getting service 2 years ago I wasn't even aware the H3 was just around the corner.

New customers can get the H3 upgrade with just paying the extra for the 4k.

Is it just me or does the renewal offer just seem like a pretty lame at best deal? Anyone else able to get a better offer through chat/retentions? I've never dealt with retentions before with DTV or Dish we usually just switch back and forth between providers. Currently I can get the same channels through ATT/DTV for $45 (+ tax and gov fees etc) a month as a new customer. Sure beats $64.99. They also don't charge the extra per month for the boxes either. Free DVR, free HD, Free box usage. No activation, and no equip costs.

Reactions: pattykay
Got my renewal email the other day. Needless to say not very impressed with the renewal offer.
My initial offer was for $10 credit for auto and ebill now just $5 is offered. It also seems if going in and creating an actual new order there are discounts for the joey receivers for 24 months unlike with the renewal offer. Also I've seen two different offers for new customers with either an Echo Dot, $50 credit, $150 card, and I'm also seeing a combination of these offers available.

I've fought like mad these last two years to get the H3 upgrade without having to pay any equipment fee to where I finally gave up 6 or so months ago. I got service a few months (2-3 max) prior to the H3 coming out. At the time of getting service 2 years ago I wasn't even aware the H3 was just around the corner.

New customers can get the H3 upgrade with just paying the extra for the 4k.

Is it just me or does the renewal offer just seem like a pretty lame at best deal? Anyone else able to get a better offer through chat/retentions? I've never dealt with retentions before with DTV or Dish we usually just switch back and forth between providers. Currently I can get the same channels through ATT/DTV for $45 (+ tax and gov fees etc) a month as a new customer. Sure beats $64.99. They also don't charge the extra per month for the boxes either. Free DVR, free HD, Free box usage. No activation, and no equip costs.

There is no 'renewal offer'. After your new customer discounts expire people are expected to actually pay for the service. Wait until you see that AT&T bill after the discounts expire.

I've never dealt with retentions before with DTV or Dish we usually just switch back and forth between providers. Currently I can get the same channels through ATT/DTV for $45 (+ tax and gov fees etc) a month as a new customer. Sure beats $64.99. They also don't charge the extra per month for the boxes either. Free DVR, free HD, Free box usage. No activation, and no equip costs.

directv has a $7 a month box charge, a dvr charge, and a whole home charge
no its not free.
when all credits are gone its within a few dollars of dish for comparable packs

now that said, credits with all companies expire, you shouldnt expect credits all the time.
you got yours as a new customer.
if the price is not what you want to pay, lower the pack, remove rooms, ect
or cut the chord.

Reactions: JSheridan
Well you and I know it isn't a "renewall offer" but they "claim" it as such:

"
Your TV 2 Year Price Guarantee expires on 8/14/2017, at which time you will pay everyday prices.

Don’t worry though, there's still time to take advantage of a great offer! When you renew your commitment to DISH, you pay the same programming package price that new customers pay, price guaranteed for two years!

Don't miss the chance to save on your DISH service. Click the button below to learn more about our Renewal Offer or call 1-800-333-DISH."

Oh I know all good and well about the ATT rate when the 2 years is up. Like I said we usually just bounce back and forth with Dish/DTV every two years to avoid the laughable rates. It's always a PITA to reprogram everything though and keep track of which shows and when they come back every time we switch providers.

directv has a $7 a month box charge, a dvr charge, and a whole home charge
no its not free.
when all credits are gone its within a few dollars of dish for comparable packs

now that said, credits with all companies expire, you shouldnt expect credits all the time.
you got yours as a new customer.
if the price is not what you want to pay, lower the pack, remove rooms, ect
or cut the chord.

Maybe direct from DTV they charge but not through ATT with cell service.

"Your package includes one HD DVR and up to three additional receivers. Each receiver after that is $7 per month" Each receiver and dvr unit are included with $70 a month charge. With $54 credit for 24 months to make the service $70 for two years. Only stuck with the regional sports charge for local college, high school, etc games. ($5.81) which we will never watch but it can't be removed.

Maybe direct from DTV they charge but not through ATT with cell service.

"Your package includes one HD DVR and up to three additional receivers. Each receiver after that is $7 per month" Each receiver and dvr unit are included with $70 a month charge. With $54 credit for 24 months to make the service $70 for two years. Only stuck with the regional sports charge for local college, high school, etc games. ($5.81) which we will never watch but it can't be removed.

its rolled into the price, and given back as a credit.
its there, TINSTAAFL

its rolled into the price, and given back as a credit.
its there, TINSTAAFL
That may very well be what they do but the fact stands:
DTV is $70 (which includes said equipment charges, dvr charges, etc) month not counting the regional sports crap ($75.81 service+regional sports) + and state and local tax +$200 Reward card +and extra room with HD (Total 4 rooms)
The Dish renewall offer is $89.99 a month + tax and fees and no reward cards or anything and one less room for this price. (Total 3 rooms)

as a dtv sub i will say this

if you have a hopper 3, you most likely wont happy with an hr54 or hs17, regardless of price

As my initial post mentioned I could never get Dish to upgrade me to the Hopper 3 without charging $150-$200 (depending on the time I have been with them). I stopped trying in Oct 2016.