kinda miss the old days

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really like having most channels in HD, but I can't help missing the ole days when you couldn't wait to get on here each day and see if any new channels were added or existing SD channels changing to HD. Just kinda miss that. I really need to get a life LOL

That was exciting. Now, as a result of all those additions we have members complaining about rates being to high. Can't have it both ways.

Reactions: MSEman and satjay
I came over from DirecTV about a year ago and knew there were some channels DTV carried in HD that Dish doesn't. I honestly thought more progress would have been made on that front by now. Unfortunately, little joy there.

When I had Directv years ago, I remember the excitement of local Channels being added in HD in fact if I remember right I got that news here on SatelliteGuys! :)

You are right though, I remember each HD add with a press release, it was such a big deal!

Yes, I do miss the Charlie Chat and the list of new channels being added. We get new channels from time to time but nothing like 10-15 years ago. The bills just keep going up. I still have my old big dish and there are some new channels on there at times. I have no idea how long channels will stay on the birds as some are going internet only. I started getting satellite TV in 1985 with my big dish and it was sure fun in the early days. I never knew what I would find. About all of it was free too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I self-installed a Dish basic package in Dec. '97. IIRC, I paid $299 for the kit that included 1 receiver, and the service was ~$25/mo. But what a change after 17 years of watching 2 weak OTA channels and struggling with the antenna to get anything else intermittently. What a lifestyle change the service brought...and not all was good!

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!"

I came over from DirecTV about a year ago and knewthere were some channels DTV carried in HD that Dish doesn't. I honestly thought more progress would have been made on that front by now.
And I assume you know there's also several HD channels on DISH, that are STILL not on D* - even though they are & have been on U-verse for years now. :rolleyes:
And in our local market, D* (& U-verse) STILL are missing (2) of our locals in HD, that DISH (& Comcast, actually) have had on for years now as well. (actually D* dropped one of our PBS's entirely last year, due to AT&T themselves moving their LRF to another city, & appears they decided they didn't want to bother putting it back up)

But to your point...it doesn't excuse DISH for not getting more HD's added; HOWEVER, the other site IS reporting American Heroes Ch HD is up in test now... ;)

I miss tech chat those two guys loved what they were doing and had a passion for making and writing the software for the new receivers. One night after watching them talking about a new two tuner receiver that ran on a Linux code that had to have two separate feeds from the dish to the receiver I was up rewiring the house . I couldn't believe I get two tuners in the same box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts