This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish replaced HWS, still seeing some issues

Well, the damn thing has been working ok through the Christmas Holiday, which I guess is good as the wife has been stuck in bed with a broken ankle, and I would not have heard the end of it if the Wireless Joey had acted up at all. But every time I think it is working well, it acts up. I guess I will still call and see about a replacement WAP.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I hate to say anything to jinx this but my wireless joey issues seem to be resolved. I don't know if it was the new hopper with sling they swapped out, or the snap the tech installed with it, (or a combination of the two) but it has been running pretty smoothly for about 6 weeks now.

I did notice that even with the Snap installed there is a lag when doing the 30 second skip, and pressing the skip button multiple times quickly did seem to make the joey lose its mind. (I used to press it 7 times in a row quickly as most commercial breaks were approx. 3.5 minutes long) I have been careful to press the skip button once, and wait for it to actually show a picture on the screen before hitting skip again. If it gets too far ahead of itself it will show black screen and take a few seconds to show a picture again.

Overall the wife has been relatively happy with it since I have not had to reset everything at least once every 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed.