Dish replaced HWS, still seeing some issues

Well, the damn thing has been working ok through the Christmas Holiday, which I guess is good as the wife has been stuck in bed with a broken ankle, and I would not have heard the end of it if the Wireless Joey had acted up at all. But every time I think it is working well, it acts up. I guess I will still call and see about a replacement WAP.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I hate to say anything to jinx this but my wireless joey issues seem to be resolved. I don't know if it was the new hopper with sling they swapped out, or the snap the tech installed with it, (or a combination of the two) but it has been running pretty smoothly for about 6 weeks now.

I did notice that even with the Snap installed there is a lag when doing the 30 second skip, and pressing the skip button multiple times quickly did seem to make the joey lose its mind. (I used to press it 7 times in a row quickly as most commercial breaks were approx. 3.5 minutes long) I have been careful to press the skip button once, and wait for it to actually show a picture on the screen before hitting skip again. If it gets too far ahead of itself it will show black screen and take a few seconds to show a picture again.

Overall the wife has been relatively happy with it since I have not had to reset everything at least once every 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts