Dish Retailer Chat

klk313

Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Hi -

I'm trying to follow the chat. Does anyone know if it is streaming anywhere.....

Thanks!

Not streaming nor can I get to my Slingbox to watch it.

I have been on the phone with a few retailers and nothing that we don't already know has been discussed. :)

I'm not sure if anyone has heard the new packages for their satellite internet. They just went over that on the chat.

Internet powered by Exede. No longer WildBlue. Available Feb. 1st. 33% higher data caps. Bundled accounts with AT120 and higher will get a $5 credit.

New customers will pay $99 upfront.
Existing customers will pay $149 upfront.
For customers that are able to pick up the new satellite they will get 12Mbps download and 3Mbs upload.
Customers picking up the existing satellite will get 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

Package prices are:
$49.99 for 10GB data cap
$79.99 for 15GB data cap
$129.99 for 25GB data cap
All packages get the same speeds, you just pay more for more data.

$10/month lease fee.

Well that beats the 7.5GB cap. But still not enough for using the sling adapter.

Internet powered by Exede. No longer WildBlue. Available Feb. 1st. 33% higher data caps. Bundled accounts with AT120 and higher will get a $5 credit.

New customers will pay $99 upfront.
Existing customers will pay $149 upfront.
For customers that are able to pick up the new satellite they will get 12Mbps download and 3Mbs upload.
Customers picking up the existing satellite will get 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

Package prices are:
$49.99 for 10GB data cap
$79.99 for 15GB data cap
$129.99 for 25GB data cap
All packages get the same speeds, you just pay more for more data.

$10/month lease fee.

Kind of hard for me to replace my DSL with no data caps for satellite internet with only up to a 25 GB data cap. Then again I don't know how much data I use per month, but with the faster speeds on satellite internet, I'm sure it'll encourage me to use more data than I am using now.

the upload and download speeds are real slow. At $39.00 comcast offers 20mb down and 11mb up with no data cap.

MANY people dont live in areas where comcast (or anyone) serves them. This is not meant to compete against providers like comcast... this is for the guys in the sticks. :D

MANY people dont live in areas where comcast (or anyone) serves them. This is not meant to compete against providers like comcast... this is for the guys in the sticks. :D
Exactly, those of you served by DSL or Cable internet don't get the fact that many rural folks do not have access to high speed, Satellite is their only choice...

WildBlue's fastest speed was 1.5Mbps so this is a major improvement. Not to mention it cost 79.95 for that 1.5Mbps.
Actually Wildblue just started their 12MB service this week.

And I believe Wildblue and Viasat are the same company... I am thinking DISH does not want to promote Wildblue since they own Hughesnet. :)

the upload and download speeds are real slow. At $39.00 comcast offers 20mb down and 11mb up with no data cap.

Where do you have comcast with no cap? They were one of the first big players to put in usage caps of 250GB regardless of service tier. Only the business customers get no cap. Same with Charter, but at least charter puts the cap at 500gb with the higher tiers.

Where do you have comcast with no cap? They were one of the first big players to put in usage caps of 250GB regardless of service tier. Only the business customers get no cap. Same with Charter, but at least charter puts the cap at 500gb with the higher tiers.
All internet service has caps. Just most are almost unattainable by the average end user.

If they can have a higher cap for $50/month and allow for an account to only be active 7 months out of the year, they could appeal to those of us with RVs at remote campgrounds. I'd like to sling 4-6 hours per month, but caps probably won't allow for anything like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)