Dish Retailers please read! Need advice

ProSat2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi,
I have been installing Dish Network for about 2.5 years now. Since the beginning when our first employer gave us the shaft and left town, my co worker and I have been trying to become retailers/installers. We have filled out every kind of paperwork that they sent us. We have all of their required stuff (unsurance etc.), but have gotten no where. What does it take? We have to able bodies people with potential for more. I have an actual store front as part of my house that has just been waiting.It's not just Dish Network it's all of them. DirecTV was not even close to profitable. Voom even less. The trouble is that the company we sub to keeps hiring more employees so the work gets leaner and leaner. We went from 8 - 12 jobs a day to 4 now!. It has always been slow here this time of year, but never this slow. We are left out of the loop on things we should know and have to fight tooth and nail sometimes to get equipment. If we do sell a system we get no incentive of any kind. We don't even bother any more. We just tell them to call Dish directly. It is really frustrating. I don't kno what else to do. Even if we could fin someone else to work for that was at least slightly organized it would be better. Anyone looking to expand their business north? Can anyone even sell out of their area? The other retailers in the area either work out of the rigs and have a lame attempt of a sign hanging on thier house. Were trying to take things very seriously and we get ignored. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any advice,

Laish Morse
Windsor, VT

In this area DISH will give anybody that has a sales tax certificate a dealership. Most close within six months but they just keep opening new ones up. I don't know what your problem is but maybe you should look at something else. It should be just about Maple Syrup time up their so maybe get some buckets out and build that fire in the sugar house.

I'd call Retail Services and ask why? maybe your paperwork is being lost. Keep copies of whatever you send so you can resend it if need be.

and I'll take a nice medium amber.

bcsheilds thanks for the info. I thought we had called them, but maybe I should do yet another follow up.

and boba how hard is the dish pointing from way out there on Kamino?

LM

You may find that you have better success contacting a non-corporate distributor such as RS&I or Mid-State.

Speaking from experience here. Took us four months to get finalized with corporate, about two weeks with Mid-State ... and treated a whole lot better. We don't do anything with our corporate account anymore. All agreements and equipment are done through Mid-State.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)