Dish retention called

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
I canceled a few days ago.. looks like they are slightly backed up.. got my call, had to wait almost a minute for someone to answer (if I didn't know what it was I would have hung up) which kind of proves one of the problems I have with dish..

the dude answers, very nice guy, wants to find out more of why I canceled and what it would take to keep me as a customer.. so I tell him of my whoahs with dish.. probably a good 5 minute rant... he apologizes for the problems I had.. offers me a whopping 15 bux off my bill.. told him that wouldn't even come close to keeping me (it wasn't even 10% off my bill).. told em I would only accept the full hd only package for 20-30 bux a month for the next 2 years till my directv contract is up..

needless to say he thanked me and hoped I'd become a dish customer again some day..

oh well.. I was hoping for a good deal and keeping my dual dish/directv setup.. :)

I would have at least asked for free TV for life if you were going to go down that road at all. :D

Sounds like you had no intention of remaining a customer after all with that request.

Is your dual "dish/direct" setup what makes your bill over $150/month? I'd guess it would have to be so, because it's tough to get the dish network bill over $150/month.

Even with AEP + Gold + Platinum + DVR it only comes to $124/month + taxes.

You must have all that plus:
multiple receivers +$7
locals +$5
no phone connected +$5
DHPP +$5

Total estimate of $150.01. :)

Do tell...

I would have at least asked for free TV for life if you were going to go down that road at all. :D

Sounds like you had no intention of remaining a customer after all with that request.

Is your dual "dish/direct" setup what makes your bill over $150/month? I'd guess it would have to be so, because it's tough to get the dish network bill over $150/month.

Do tell...

Bah, they disabled my online account so I can't even look at my bill.. I swear..

yeah I really didn't intend to stay, already had directv installed and was getting use to their interface vs. dishes.. the old hd only package was around 30 bux a month, which is all I was looking for and I didn't think I was being that ridiculous.. pushy definitely.. but not without some validity.. :)

I get the everything pack + hd + locals + the extra hd crap

3 receivers, 2 leased, 1 owned, all dvrs..

you can do the math came out to around 120-130ish, but Florida taxes are nasty on satellite.. was close to 20 bux..

Bah, they disabled my online account so I can't even look at my bill.. I swear..

yeah I really didn't intend to stay, already had directv installed and was getting use to their interface vs. dishes.. the old hd only package was around 30 bux a month, which is all I was looking for and I didn't think I was being that ridiculous.. pushy definitely.. but not without some validity.. :)

I get the everything pack + hd + locals + the extra hd crap

3 receivers, 2 leased, 1 owned, all dvrs..

you can do the math came out to around 120-130ish, but Florida taxes are nasty on satellite.. was close to 20 bux..

Yeh the FL DBS tax is over 13%.

Your case shows why in two years dish may not be around. It is dumb to try and keep a customer after they left dish. The time to try and keep a customer is at the time the customer ask to cancel the dish service boy is dish dumb.

They wanted the $150 per month customer, not the $30 per month customer. They wait too long to decide that they are going to give someone a deal to stay because they disconnect them and people immediately contact Directv / cable to do the install if they haven't already contacted them before calling to cancel Dish.

I agree they waited far too long to call me back and attempt anything.. hence my I'll keep you as a secondary service (aka 30 bux) but not as my primary anymore.. would have at least helped keep their number of customers from dropping even if the cash flow wasn't as high..

Your case shows why in two years dish may not be around. It is dumb to try and keep a customer after they left dish. The time to try and keep a customer is at the time the customer ask to cancel the dish service boy is dish dumb.

Dish isn't the only one guilty of this. Since I transfered my land-line phone from AT&T to TWC, I've gotten a "We want you back" letter from AT&T almost every week, and they also called at least once. They can't even come close in price for equivalent service, or in service for equivalent price.

Brad

Maybe I am the only one thinking of this with all the pointless statements going on but what was the reason for cancelling in the first place?

You really want me to go into why I canceled?

My first issue is the absolute crap software they call tested.. the dvr records but can't play back.. dvr plays but audio is messed up.. the dvr plays but the video is messed up.. the dvr doesn't even record.. the dvr locks up.. etc.. etc.. I've been with them long enough to know for a week every couple months I won't be able to use my DVR for whatever reason..

Customer service.. oh my.. I've been with cable and I knew bad service.. it took over 1 hour.. yes 1 HOUR of my life on the phone with a customer service person to explain the very difficult process of ... my dvr HD died.. you think the message the dvr gave would be enough.. but no.. check switch.. unplug.. reboot.. check the cables.. seriously?? for an obvious broken hard drive that makes noise on boot up? Have you not dealt with this before, can't be the first time.. sadly cable is easier, I'd called them before and they simply said "bring it in we'll replace it or we can send someone out to replace it"..

sadly this wasn't the first customer service bull I dealt with..

my other fav was my lnbs died, obviously I don't have control over that.. they wanted me to pay to fix it (this was 4 months into my deal).. I was like "wha??", then while explaining to the customer service rep how ridiculous that was and how cable doesn't do that when THEIR equipment breaks, he hung up on me.. yes.. that's how they dealt with this issue.. I was a little irritated at that point and they needless to say fixed the issue, but that was my FIRST dealing with customer service..

Quality, which has always been an issue with dish... they may hit the mark on cool looking interface.. fast performance.. etc.. but quality isn't something they know anything about.. I got a replacement dvr for my broken 622.. and get this.. the buttons in the front of the DVR were broken.. so I couldn't get it out of dual mode.. yay.. I wasn't about to spend another HOUR of my life getting them to fix something that should have been avoided to begin with, that was the last straw for me..

I could also go into the programming disputes.. the fact noggin wasn't 24/7 yet annoyed me but not enough to leave.. most things I was accepting.. customer service and the lack of quality issue is was pushed me to directv..

yep..Brighthouse has many friends in Tallahassee.

Its Brighthouse, Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon vs. D* and E*. Not much of a contest in Tallahassee, unfortunately. People were sure glad D* and E* existed after the 'canes made their appearance a few years back. Residents weren't getting cable reception afterwards but people with dishes could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)