twins or brewers

mjneppl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
wisconsin
i live near green bay. just upgraded to bronze 100 plus--but have a problem -- i am gettign the twins on fox sports north not the brewers.

anyone know why?

i live near green bay. just upgraded to bronze 100 plus--but have a problem -- i am gettign the twins on fox sports north not the brewers.

anyone know why?

Funny you should ask. I was just looking into this myself today. Here's what I found out:

FOX Sports North has two channels, one FOX Sports North -Minnesota and the other is Fox Sports North Wisconsin. For some reason (cost probably) Dishnetwork has decided to only broadcast Fox Sports North Minnesota. We still DO get live programming from FOX Sports North Wisconsin, just not on channel 436. Brewer games are shown on the ALT channels ranging from 443-449. However, when there is no live programming Dish swithces back to Fox Sports North Minnesota and we get shows like Vikings weekly and Twins Classics (Although they black those out!) Fox Sports North WI has more appropriate Non-live programming like Brewer Classics.

I emailed Dish today about this. How much extra can it cost to pick up Fox Sports North - WI 24hrs? The live stuff has to be where the expense is.

actually i had an issue recording the game last night. I had both the 612 and 622 set up to tape the game, but the game didn't tape it just sat there with the DISH network logo on the screen. I was able that recording, join the game, and record the remainder of the game.

Any thoughts on what happened with the initial recordings?

Fox Sports North WI has more appropriate Non-live programming like Brewer Classics.

I emailed Dish today about this. How much extra can it cost to pick up Fox Sports North - WI 24hrs? The live stuff has to be where the expense is.

Did they write you back? They need to add FS CAROLINAS, FS TENNESSEE; FS KANSAS CITY, FS HOUSTON, FS OKLAHOMA, COX SPORTS TELEVISION (MULTI-SPORTS PACK) in addition to FS WISCONSIN!!!

Did they write you back? They need to add FS CAROLINAS, FS TENNESSEE; FS KANSAS CITY, FS HOUSTON, FS OKLAHOMA, COX SPORTS TELEVISION (MULTI-SPORTS PACK) in addition to FS WISCONSIN!!!

are you asking if you can get ALLl those FS channels? I believe you only get one FS channel and it depends on what area you live in. I'm pretty sure MLB blacks out all games not in your area so you wouldn't get much programming.

that is correct-- i am missing a bunch of wisconsin programming-- cause of the minnesota--wisconsin thing.

let me know what i should do to complain. i called and the guy was in the Phillipines and had no clue what i was talking about.

help??

that is correct-- i am missing a bunch of wisconsin programming-- cause of the minnesota--wisconsin thing.

let me know what i should do to complain. i called and the guy was in the Phillipines and had no clue what i was talking about.

help??

They told me to email them. DISH Network - Contact Us By Email - 1.888.825.2557

I'm guessing this is the most effective way to reach people who can look into this further and possibly considering addressing this.

I have been voicing my opinion on this for the last 3 years. Neither Direct or Dish has FS Wisconsin. It seems to be only relegated to cable systems and other non Satellite programming.

Why???????, I have no idea. It would seem logical, that Wisconsin residents should be removed from FS North, and given their own carriage.

In addition, The MLB TV internet based, which I subscribe to, will not allow viewing of Brewers games if you reside within the borders of Wisconsin.

The collective blackout rules are inane, but that is just the way it is.

are you asking if you can get ALLl those FS channels? I believe you only get one FS channel and it depends on what area you live in. I'm pretty sure MLB blacks out all games not in your area so you wouldn't get much programming.

Not if you have the sports pack. You get the ones they have, except the pro and some college games get blacked out if you live outside of that market.

What I'm complaining about is that FS Wisconsin is a 24/7 channel that has shows dedicated to the Packers and Brewers. However, Dish and (I believe) Directv do not carry it 24/7. They only put it on the alt. channels when a pro team is playing.

They need to add these channels 24/7 for those in that market and for the sports pack customers.

That's what I meant.

I have been voicing my opinion on this for the last 3 years. Neither Direct or Dish has FS Wisconsin. It seems to be only relegated to cable systems and other non Satellite programming.

Why???????, I have no idea. It would seem logical, that Wisconsin residents should be removed from FS North, and given their own carriage.

In addition, The MLB TV internet based, which I subscribe to, will not allow viewing of Brewers games if you reside within the borders of Wisconsin.

The collective blackout rules are inane, but that is just the way it is.

at least you get all the brewer games on the sports alt or hd alt channels so you should not be missing any games..... only the non game events.

i called and the guy was in the Phillipines and had no clue what i was talking about.

help??

You are going to have to talk to someone who is here in the states on this matter...and probably somewhere up the ladder. The regular CSRs are not going to be able to answer this kind of question likely. That's my "gut" feeling. !sadroll

Funny you should ask. I was just looking into this myself today. Here's what I found out:

FOX Sports North has two channels, one FOX Sports North -Minnesota and the other is Fox Sports North Wisconsin. For some reason (cost probably) Dishnetwork has decided to only broadcast Fox Sports North Minnesota. We still DO get live programming from FOX Sports North Wisconsin, just not on channel 436. Brewer games are shown on the ALT channels ranging from 443-449. However, when there is no live programming Dish swithces back to Fox Sports North Minnesota and we get shows like Vikings weekly and Twins Classics (Although they black those out!) Fox Sports North WI has more appropriate Non-live programming like Brewer Classics.

Are you receiving the alternate networks with Classic Bronze 100 Plus or are you the 200 channel package? I noticed the OP was 100 Plus. I had dropped back to CB100 Plus without locals (I get distants) and with the Multi-Sport pack for NHL and NBA networks. I couldn't see any of the Bobcats games and was told that the alternates weren't available with the 100 Plus. The website CLEARLY shows that they are. I couldn't get anywhere with customer service, though. I eventually went back to the 200. If anybody here has 100 Plus and gets the alternates, I'd love to know. (I'm thinking they just put something wrong when I downgraded). And it could be that they are correct and haven't updated the website. Anyone know?

Dish retention called

over the air free channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)