DISH retention offers

Funny how some people think that DISH is the only game in town. Over the years I’ve had DISH, Directv, TWC, Sling, PS Vue, etc, etc. it’s all about the bottom line for me. Some have the pretty guides that many like and some don’t. The streaming services don’t raise their prices every three months, pure nonsense to try to tell a customer that they do. Philo couldn’t possibly still be $20 if that was the case. Granted YTTV has raised their price considerably but at least they’ve added channels instead of raising prices and cutting channels like DISH has. While the H3 is a great DVR there are others out there that will do what I need. I didn‘t post to get in a contest of who the best is, just saying what happened when I called today. The rep said he would annotate my file and when or if I call back someone may be able to provide more help.we will see since my contract is up on 9/30.

thought I would revisit this and post an update. Requested a one month extension so I could try YTTV/Philo before actually terminating my DISH service. The first CSR said no problem and would even give me a $30 credit for the extra month and would see that in my account within 24hrs. Well, the next morning my service was cut off anyway! Called and spoke with a different CSR who got it hooked back up quickly and when I asked about not seeing the credit yet either she said there was no record of it! But, she said she would give me a $50 credit for the problems and it is in my account now.

Paid for a whole month of YTTV/Philo and have been using them for 10 days now. Looks like we will be staying with DISH! Not impressed with the guides of either. No channel numbers is a pain getting used to and unless you are on a computer it only goes out a few hours much less any days! DVR has missed numerous recordings that DISH has had no problems with. I am using a Firestick 4K and just the steps to watch the news in the morning can be cumbersome. Turn on the Firestick, go to YTTV and then to your channel. I much prefer my Harmony 650 one press and it is automatically turned on to the correct channel. For the $11 difference between DISH and the other two it is going to cost seems like a bargain to me. DISH is offering me $96mo pre tax for top200 with a H3 and a wireless Joey And locals. YTTV/Philo comes to $85 pre tax. The only real reason we were leaving was because of all the buffering we were getting on the DA app when traveling and that seems to be much better this trip. Would be nice to get a second stream on it without having to add another Hw/sling or a H3 but, we can live with it.

So I finally pulled the plug and went back to Comcast. Cancel process with DISH was awful. Call to cancel and go through the phone tree multiple times and press whatever number to cancel. Says they'll transfer you - but it disconnects, literally. Like three times I did this BS. Finally went back in and selected the option to change programming. Then get into a mess where I swear they let you sit there while you go through the process. It is a needless process.

They offered me $25 off. Whoppee dee. I had $30 before. But with my Comcast bundle deal I am saving $62 a month. Not even close. (Yeah, I give up PTAT and the Hopper). I am tired of the RSN game.

They ask me why I cancel and I tell them the $62 and the RSNs. They do not listen and we play this game for an hour going back and forth; I keep saying, "no thanks, please, I just need to cancel." And does not matter. Put me through this BS. I am actually furious.

They tell me that they'll do an RSN deal if the terms are right. I say, fine, I'm still saving $62 MORE and I don't have my RSN and I get Showtime included in the package. That does not seem to resonate with DISH. I get it they do not want a lose a long term customer, but don't fill me with a line of BS, hang up on me on the phone tree 3 x, and then give me a line the RSN will be there if the terms are right. The terms are right - the other guy has it and I pay $62 less combined in the package.

I have boxes being sent, and I need to return the boxes in 30 days from today. 7-10 on the boxes. I have no confidence that this process will work right. I do not trust DISH right now.

Reactions: CyberSpock
So I finally pulled the plug and went back to Comcast.

I have boxes being sent, and I need to return the boxes in 30 days from today. 7-10 on the boxes. I have no confidence that this process will work right. I do not trust DISH right now.

Be careful about the last payment. I said my autopay would get it and they said my autopay wound be turned off. That's not what the bill page said, nevertheless I payed it manually. I thought I saw something on the bill page that if the last payment isn't made, they will restore service. I apologize ahead of time if I remember wrong.

I didn't get notice the boxes were being sent for 6 days after I cut and at 10 days still have not received them. I'll surely have to send them back the same day I get them!

Yes, they were way not happy about us cutting. We used the direct cancelation number and they knew it was us and that we were going when they answered the phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My last payment was made on 10/6, after subtracting a $15 box fee they say I have a refund of $54 coming, they say.

I quit DISH once along ago and quit Directv before too. I packed the boxes up and took pictures of the box in various stages of packing and sealing. I took them to the UPS store and got a drop off receipt from UPS, so I am sure I will do this again. Back then we didn't pay $15. I do suspect there will be a game here, it does not take that long to send boxes, but we shall see.

This cancel process was AWFUL. The whole call 3 x and push 9 to cancel and then have the phone disconnect shows I am dealing with an unethical crew; the next time I pushed 3 to change my package.

Be careful about the last payment. I said my autopay would get it and they said my autopay wound be turned off. That's not what the bill page said, nevertheless I payed it manually. I thought I saw something on the bill page that if the last payment isn't made, they will restore service. I apologize ahead of time if I remember wrong.

I didn't get notice the boxes were being sent for 6 days after I cut and at 10 days still have not received them. I'll surely have to send them back the same day I get them!

Yes, they were way not happy about us cutting. We used the direct cancelation number and they knew it was us and that we were going when they answered the phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My last payment was made on 10/6, after subtracting a $15 box fee they say I have a refund of $54 coming, they say.

I quit DISH once along ago and quit Directv before too. I packed the boxes up and took pictures of the box in various stages of packing and sealing. I took them to the UPS store and got a drop off receipt from UPS, so I am sure I will do this again. Back then we didn't pay $15. I do suspect there will be a game here, it does not take that long to send boxes, but we shall see.

This cancel process was AWFUL. The whole call 3 x and push 9 to cancel and then have the phone disconnect shows I am dealing with an unethical crew; the next time I pushed 3 to change my package.

a few years back I waited 14 days for my boxes and still nothing. Called again and had them a week later. At least they had UPS tracking so I didn’t worry and everything turned out fine.

We were all set to cancel again a few weeks back because we were having such a hard time with DISH Anywhere when away from home. The buffering was so bad it was unwatchable. They showed me how to clear the cache and that has made it viewable again.

So, we are going to stick with 5hem for another two years. Bill is only going up about $9 a month for another two years. Our alternative was to go with YTTV and Philo combined to get all of our current channels viewed and that was only going to be $12 less than what we will be paying DISH. Not at all impressed with the guide, dvr or pic quality of YTTV when compared to DISH.

I can report yesterday I had very good outcome with DISH.

My $20 month preferred customer discount came to an end. So I called and after inputting my account Telephone number and code, I was sent directly to "Hello I am Girrard, how are you (my name) I see you have been a customer for 22 years, I don't think I have talked to a customer yet that long. Are you calling to extend your preferred customer deal today?

Took me by surprise. Took me a minute because I was all set to get tough if needed to get at least the same discount I had. Go through a couple of CSR's etc etc.
So I said, yes I am. The Gentleman said ok lets go over it.

He said they would keep my price the same for the Top 200 and keeping autopay. He also offered for one year a discount off the total bill instead. Problem with that deal, not bad but in February or whenever there is a price increase I would pay it so diminishing my savings. Not afraid of two years at this point, the most I could be accountable for is $120 early termination.

So I took the two years. So that means I continue to pay $20 less for Top200 that will be in the end a total of four years of no increase. Of course further, I will miss whatever other increases on the package for another two years. It is broken down to $15 off the package and $5 off for autopay for two years. That is a better deal than the one two years ago.
In addition I already am paying the Grandfathered $7 DVR fee. Then he said I see you dropped Showtime and the Encore channels I can give you Showtime back at the $5 price for 6 months and $3 again for the Encore Theme Movies. So I took it we do get $8 worth of watching movies from them each month and that of course can be dropped if we want. Those discounts are widely available but nice to remind me I could get them too.

So....Dish likes me, they really like me! LMAO.

He said they would keep my price the same for the Top 200 and keeping autopay.

[-]

So I took the two years. So that means I continue to pay $20 less for Top200 that will be in the end a total of four years of no increase.

He offered you the same monthly cost for AT200 even though the cost for it increased $10 ($5 per year) over the past two years? If so, great deal!

But I suspect you'll find that $20 discount will be after a $10 increase for AT200.

He offered you the same monthly cost for AT200 even though the cost for it increased $10 ($5 per year) over the past two years? If so, great deal!

But I suspect you'll find that $20 discount will be after a $10 increase for AT200.

Oh no, I posted it correctly, it started already. I am at the same price I was paying two years ago and will continue for another two years. So as each year goes on the deal likely gets even better if they raise package prices.

This is my new deal, it is even broken out differently. In the past it was $20 off Top 200 rather than attributing anything to Autopay. (Though I had to maintain it)

America's Top 200 (reg $87.99) $72.99
eAutoPay Savings $5x24mo - $5.00

Loyal Customer DVR (reg $15) $7.00

Showtime 6 Mo (50% Off) $5.00
Starz 6 Mo (50% Off) $5.00

I called back and they had no problem to give me Starz deal instead of the Encore Theme Deal.

Oh no, I posted it correctly, it started already. I am at the same price I was paying two years ago and will continue for another two years. So as each year goes on the deal likely gets even better if they raise package prices.

This is my new deal, it is even broken out differently. In the past it was $20 off Top 200 rather than attributing anything to Autopay. (Though I had to maintain it)

America's Top 200 (reg $87.99) $72.99
eAutoPay Savings $5x24mo - $5.00

Loyal Customer DVR (reg $15) $7.00

Showtime 6 Mo (50% Off) $5.00
Starz 6 Mo (50% Off) $5.00

I called back and they had no problem to give me Starz deal instead of the Encore Theme Deal.

Did you call the Loyalty number?

Reactions: pattykay
Finally pulled the trigger yesterday for another two years. Bill going up $8 monthly with 3 mo of Starz included. I can live with that after being disappointed trying YTTV/Philo For 30 days. Not the best deal in the world but I’m happy.

Just called in since I lost my preferred customer discount. I called 1-888-496-1260 and the guy immediately knew why I was calling. Offered a locked in offer for 2 years or 12 months with $40 off and I went with that. Super easy and probably the best CS person I've ever dealt with there.

What time of the day did you call? Back when I had Directv it was recommended to call at a particular time to get a CSR from the US instead of overseas. My two years runs out in January. Did you call before or after your discount expired.

What time of the day did you call? Back when I had Directv it was recommended to call at a particular time to get a CSR from the US instead of overseas. My two years runs out in January. Did you call before or after your discount expired.
I realize you were asking iadubber, but I will take a shot at this. I have been calling that number for years, and I have never gotten an overseas agent as far as I know. Morning, evening, doesn't matter. I have been recommending waiting for your discount to expire before calling, to get the better deal. However, others here have reported calling before their discount expired, and still getting the renewal deal. So, that part may not matter either.

I finally got someone that could help me out but I think the rates for the new Preferred Customer Offer have increased compared to what is posted on the website. I have Americas Top 120, which has gone up by $10 (was previously $42.99).

Programming PackagePrice*
Qualifying Programming Packages
Flex Pack
$42.99​
America's Top 120
$52.99​
America's Top 120+
$57.99​
America's Top 200
$67.99​
America's Top 250
$77.99​
Latino Clasico
$37.99​
Latino Plus
$39.99​
Latino Dos
$59.99​
Latino Max
$74.99​

I finally got someone that could help me out but I think the rates for the new Preferred Customer Offer have increased compared to what is posted on the website. I have Americas Top 120, which has gone up by $10 (was previously $42.99).

Qualifying Programming Packages
Programming PackagePrice*
Flex Pack
$42.99​
America's Top 120
$52.99​
America's Top 120+
$57.99​
America's Top 200
$67.99​
America's Top 250
$77.99​
Latino Clasico
$37.99​
Latino Plus
$39.99​
Latino Dos
$59.99​
Latino Max
$74.99​
Maybe that $42.99 (from the link in post number 5) for AT120 was a typo, which Dish has finally gotten around to correcting. It never really made sense to me that they would be offering AT120 for the exact same price as Flex Pack, even as a promo offer. Also, that meant a $15 increase if you went to AT120+, which really makes no sense, since the + is supposed to add the Regional Sports Networks, which are sorely lacking on Dish in most areas across the country these days. No other package's promo rate has changed since the last time the list was posted, and it is not yet the time of year for Dish's regularly-scheduled package price changes. So, I'll still go with the explanation that the old AT120 $42.99 rate was a typo, and $52.99 has been the actual rate all along, this year.

I think they will fix it now because I called them and guided them towards the link. When the CSR opened it up, he said "WOW" and then put me on hold for some time.
It's still there now, but it will probably change soon: https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Existing-Customer-2-Years.pdf

For reference, if you go to dish.com/legal you can see all the agreements posted. They're obligated to make them all publicly available.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Latest posts