Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Am I mistaken, or did Dish offer downloadable ringtones for your cell for a while? Can't find it on their site.

I have a new Motorola Razr V3 and I'm trying to find "pavane for a dead princess" or similar classical ringtone. I've found a few sites that SAY it's available, but I'm not sure these would work on this particular cell. It supposedly supports MP3 & Polyphonic ringtones, but the Motorola site refers to limitations on which types of ringtones will work with which phones.

Anyone remember Dish ringtones, or am I out to lunch? Anyone know anything about ringtones on this particular model?

TIA

Am I mistaken, or did Dish offer downloadable ringtones for your cell for a while? Can't find it on their site.

I have a new Motorola Razr V3 and I'm trying to find "pavane for a dead princess" or similar classical ringtone. I've found a few sites that SAY it's available, but I'm not sure these would work on this particular cell. It supposedly supports MP3 & Polyphonic ringtones, but the Motorola site refers to limitations on which types of ringtones will work with which phones.

Anyone remember Dish ringtones, or am I out to lunch? Anyone know anything about ringtones on this particular model?

TIA

You can download audio files to your phone using a program called Phonetools. I got one from ebay for $20.

Phonetools works great if you have a PC. If you have a Mac, talking to your Bluetooth mobile phone is a non-event. It just works.

Thank you. I did not know PhoneTools could put a ringtone onto the phone. I got it and backed up my phone book. Now I'm trying to decide upon what music to use for a ringtone. I decided Pavane was too mellow for the purpose. I've also learned that it only takes MP3 off your PC, not mids, etc. But it reads from CDs directly. I think the MP3 limitation is in the phone, not the PhoneTools.

I like "We will rock you" but will probably put "Anchors Aweigh" on it.

navychop, I've copied MIDI tones over to my RAZR, but you need to use the Multimedia Studio's Melody Studio to prepare them.

Depending on the quality of the "ringer" on your phone, YMMV with how the ringtone sounds in actual use. Stuff that has too much bass doesn't translate well to a ring tone. Usually, the simpler stuff works better than full orchestration.

Thanks, but the Motorola ringtones will work just fine. After much searching, I think I'll use a number from Riverdance as my ringtone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)