DISH & RSNs a positive comment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
So none of us are happy with the part time RSNs, the late STARTS, and other issues. But we stay right where are...
Yesterday, during the Redsox game it was announced that there would be a day-night double header played today. Obviously this has to do with Irene and MLB scheduling. So this morning I was pleasantly surprised that Dish had adjusted the HD schedule on NESN indicating they will carry both games in HD. Even better the HD was turned on on time for game 1 (1100)
So Dish gets a thumbs up from me for this one!

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Tampa8 said:
That, my friend, is the power of Red Sox Nation. :first:

Or the power of losing subs. I do not know one Mets fan inside Red Sox nation that did not leave for Direct after SNY went ... no hard feelings for Dish, but I am loving my switch!!!

Update: Game 1 had three hours of rain delay. Game 2 has been in rain delay close to an hour (top 5). HD has been up since 11am!

Ross

Dish must've gotten a good deal for the Red Sox games because they seem to be broadcasting all of them in HD while the other teams' fans get screwed out of HD at least once a week.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

Now if dish would provide all of the hdrsns full time, they would have nothing but positive comments from their coustomer base! They might even keep some affluent ones who spend some serious cash too! But what would I know! I'm just some ahole in an internet forum!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

ckhalil18 said:
Dish must've gotten a good deal for the Red Sox games because they seem to be broadcasting all of them in HD while the other teams' fans get screwed out of HD at least once a week.

It hasn't been all fun and games. A couple of seasons ago there were periods of time when u never knew until u turned NESN to HD if the feed would be on.
Just thought with all the complaints we have about the RSNs and HD a positive comment was in order.

Ross

ckhalil18 said:

It's not the Red Sox, but more NESN. The Bruins are pretty much in HD all the time as well. The Celtics on CSN New England are having the same problems as a lot of other teams.

It's not the Red Sox, but more NESN. The Bruins are pretty much in HD all the time as well. The Celtics on CSN New England are having the same problems as a lot of other teams.

Its not NESN or any other team or channel.... this one is 1000 percent Dish Network. All teams in every league / and major RSN broadcast there signals in HD 24/7. Dish is the only provider whom doesn't pick up these signals. Instead dish chooses when you should receive the signal or not. The signal is natively in HD. Its a shame that dish can't provide the basic native signals that these channels output all the time! Its very sad to see.

It's probably just me, but I'd rather endure MLB HD games joined in progress and have 24/7 AMCHD, BBCAHD, TRUHD, INVESTIGATION DISCOVERYHD, G4HD, HISTORY iNTERNATIONALHD, TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, etc. If DISH could get everyone on mpeg4 receivers maybe they'd have enough additional space to make the RSNs HD 24/7. I've had mpeg4 HD receivers (vip211s) since 2005-6? because the only HD channel I wanted way back then was National Geographic...I had an 811 and that didn't work. So.....

That's exactly the point. DISH feels those channels are more important to the overall sibs than full time RSN'S. I agree.

I started this thread to report what I felt was a very positive experience. Intersting how it is beginning to degrade.

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)