DISH Rumor Alert

chuckster_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2006
Buffalo, NY
If it is coming back this year it will be interesting to see if they carry baseball games from teams they do not carry such as YES Network.

Wouldn't it be just like Center Ice? They would carry the game from such a network only if the out of town feed isn't available or on a network they have a worse relationship with. And I bet it would be in the crappiest SD feed they could get.

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Well Dish your a bit late for me.....I switched my main account over to Direct....I still sling from my dish account back home....I do hope they set it up like Direct were you can watch or listen on any mobile device....

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
It makes sense that they wouldn't have the channels available until 4/1 because that's a few days before opening day for the regular season.

It seems like they would make an announcement as soon as possible though. My MLB.tv annual subscription auto-renewed on February 28th. Many of the hardcore baseball fans who would be interested in EI will already be locked in with MLB.tv for the year before they even know Dish is offering this. There are probably people who switched to a different provider for EI already too.

Either way I would still choose MLB.tv over extra innings because I do have a good internet package and streaming devices. I like having both feeds for every game including OTA feeds, Canadian feeds, and RSN feeds that aren't offered on Dish. I also like the portability of the MLB at Bat app.

That being said, I'm glad to see Dish finally getting back on board with this. It's a good option for baseball fans who can't, or don't want to, stream their games over the internet.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008
maybe the rumor we are going to see a hd channel or showtime ondemand in the uplink report today?good question

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
For those of us that gave up on Dish having extra innings 4-1 comes to late. We have long since gone to MLB.TV and have all ready been renewed. If dish wanted to gain a bunch of MLB fans they should have announced this a lot earlier.

Reactions: Tampa8 and AZ.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
well, Scott, i see you are ether setting up this year's Satellite Guys April Fools day joke or got some good secret info from the staff of Dish.

anyway, if the rumor is true, then i guess Dish and MLB are finally ending their long feud. it was a few years ago Dish finally stop being a hold out and added MLB Network to the lineup.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
For those of us that gave up on Dish having extra innings 4-1 comes to late. We have long since gone to MLB.TV and have all ready been renewed. If dish wanted to gain a bunch of MLB fans they should have announced this a lot earlier.

And even if announced earlier with the advancements of MLB online that is my preference. But I do agree if they could have given an earlier announcement they may have snagged a few more subscribers.
How are they going to be able to have all those games in HD and not JIP, they don't always now in some markets.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I don't care if they got it or not. Will you get the Yankees and all the other teams that dish is in dispute with the regional sports network ?

Seems to me you would have to. As an example the only games you might not get are Yankee playing the Mets. Otherwise you get the Yankees or Mets when they play your team on your team's RSN now, just like you will get the Yankees playing the other teams in the package. If you don't get a choice of both team's broadcast in the package it is possible when the Yankees or Mets are at home you might not get that game. Just a guess on that part.

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Back in the days of the Big Dish, there were seperate feeds of CBC for each time zone. Then CBC decided it didn't want any one south of their border receiving their signal and encrypted them.

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Is there really a curling channel, because that would be awesome!
NBCSN has a curling match on Friday Nights... late.

People think Dish fees are crazy. Try checking out the fees to join a curling rink club.

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
I watched curling on television one time...................for about fifteen minutes. I liken it to watching grass grow, only not as exciting. :)

I just posted this for my Canadian friends who make similar comments about baseball, golf, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts