Dish said no price drop

riffjim4069 said:
I think lakebum mentioned his 942 was leased. I'm in the same boat...although I would like to watch the HD programming I am paying to receive, the 942 works great so I may as well get fully benefit out of the $250 lease upgrade fee.

Exactly!

If you do the $99 lease and pay the monthy $6 lease fee, then you can save by not buying the $6 dish warranty service. So the monthly lease fee becomes a wash. Am I correct on this?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Everything will be spelled out tonight, there is a lot of confusion going around, even I have got different answers from different people about whats going on with this.

I guess my spell checker was broken since, although I didn't watch the Tech Forum, the recaps indicate they only discuss the lease upgrade.

Emails I received from two individuals in the CEO Escalation group stated that you must purchase the 622 directly from DishNetwork in order to get the $200 account credit when your send them your 921/942.

The price from them is still $699+$99 = $798 and they won't drop the $99 if it's a plug'n play installation.

This is crazy.. but then, it's DishNetwork!

Bob

rjruby said:
I guess my spell checker was broken since, although I didn't watch the Tech Forum, the recaps indicate they only discuss the lease upgrade.

Emails I received from two individuals in the CEO Escalation group stated that you must purchase the 622 directly from DishNetwork in order to get the $200 account credit when your send them your 921/942.

The price from them is still $699+$99 = $798 and they won't drop the $99 if it's a plug'n play installation.

This is crazy.. but then, it's DishNetwork!

Bob

The only other thing I may do is replace my leased 811 with the 622.

To show you we are not nuts here is the promotion which was sent to all retailers via the Dish Network Facts Blast

Existing Customer Promotions
Many Ways to Upgrade to an MPEG-4 HD Receiver
· Existing MPEG-2 HD/DVR customers can LEASE a ViP622 DVR and receive a $200 Equipment Return Credit – Effective April 1, 2006, through August 1, 2006
o Effective April 1, 2006, existing customers can upgrade using the DISH’n It Up promotional program to swap their model 921 or 942 receiver for a leased ViP622 DVR and could also receive a $200 Equipment Return Credit.
- $200 Equipment Return Credit process:
§ Customer pays $299.99 upfront.
§ Customer returns the 921 or 942 to DISH Network.
§ Customer receives a $200.00 credit on his or her billing statement.

- Keep in mind the following so that the process is seamless for you and the customer:
§ Retailers need to leave the 921/942 with the customer, even if the swap is performed in the first 180 days of activation.
§ The customer will receive a return box within 2-3 days, and will have 60 days to return the 921/942.
- Since the $200 credit will likely exceed the customer’s billing charges, the customer may not receive a bill for up to a few months. DISH Network will send out a postcard to inform them when the credit has been applied.
· Existing MPEG-2 HD/DVR customers can PURCHASE a ViP622 DVR and receive a $200 Equipment Return Credit – Effective April 19, 2006, through August 1, 2006
o Effective April 19, 2006, we will have a purchase option available for those customers who have a model 921 or 942 receiver. They will be able to receive a $200 credit off of the $798 purchase price for a ViP622 DVR. The $798 includes standard professional installation.
To get the $200 credit, follow the same process used for DISH’n It Up:
§ Leave the 921/942 with the customer.
§ When calling to disable the 921 or 942, make sure to provide the promotional code: RET200HDSWAP and instruct the Customer Service Representative to select the correct model receiver, either 921 or 942, for replacement.
DISH Network will send an empty box to the customer detailing the return process.
When the 921/942 is received by DISH Network, the customer’s account will be credited $200.
Existing Multiple MPEG-2 HD customer upgrades – Effective April 19, 2006, through August 1, 2006
o Customers with multiple HD receivers who wish to upgrade them to comparable ViP series (MPEG-4) HD receivers will be able to do so under the DISH’n It Up promotional program, effective April 19, 2006.
Offer: The offer for the additional HD receivers remains the same as the offer for the first HD receiver.
§ Model 811, 6000, 921, and 942 receivers can be exchanged for “like” ViP (MPEG-4) HD receivers.
§ Please note that the prices for multiple HD receivers are paid per receiver. This is an exception from standard DISH’n It Up pricing where the customer pays one price per transaction.
Like for Like exchanges include:
§ 6000/811 for ViP211 or 411
§ 921/942 for ViP622 DVR
Technology upgrades – If the customer has an HD single tuner and wants to upgrade to an HD DVR, they can upgrade for $299.99. However, they will NOT be eligible for the $200 Equipment Return Credit. There is also a limit of one leased HD receiver per transaction unless the customer is swapping for a “like” receiver.
§ 6000/811 for ViP622 DVR (Limit one leased technology upgrade per household).
§ $299.99 Equipment Upgrade Fee.
§ Will NOT be eligible for the $200 Equipment Return Credit.
o Process: We will automate the qualification process in the future, but until then we will use Service Requests:
- Qualify the customer for the first HD unit under DISH’n It Up.
- Submit a Service Request (SR) for the second HD unit.
§ SR Category: Promotions
§ SR Subcategory: Existing Customer Promotion
- Enter the following information:
§ DISH’n It Up Customer Agreement number you previously created for the first unit.
§ Receiver model(s) and number(s) of the receiver(s) being replaced.
§ The new receiver model(s) and number(s).
- Once the Retailer has received an approval, the installation can be performed.
- A Manual Agreement must be filled out by handwriting relevant information into the blank form.
§ This is located on the Retailer Care Site in the Info Center under Retailer Services and Business Rules à BUSINESS RULES à Existing Customer Promotions à DISH’n It Up.
- Fax the completed Manual Agreement along with a copy of the approved SR, according to the instructions provided in the SR.
§ Fax Manual Agreements to: 303-723-3155.
§ ATTN: Retailer Escalations.

jmd102354 said:
The only other thing I may do is replace my leased 811 with the 622.

I just called and nearly went through with the 811/622 swap for $299. The deal breaker was when the "special Number" CSR insisted I have a installer , install the 622. What a joke.
Like I need a installer to come over and swap out my 942 cables to the 622.
I told them to forget it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
To show you we are not nuts here is the promotion which was sent to all retailers via the Dish Network Facts Blast

Did Claude call Dish today ?

Scott Greczkowski said:

I am anxious to hear from anyone who bought their 622 from another sorce other than DishNetwork and tried to use the RET200HDSWAP promotion code when they deactivated their 921/942.

rjruby said:
I am anxious to hear from anyone who bought their 622 from another sorce other than DishNetwork and tried to use the RET200HDSWAP promotion code when they deactivated their 921/942.

I wont hold my breath

Existing Multiple MPEG-2 HD customer upgrades – Effective April 19, 2006, through August 1, 2006
o Customers with multiple HD receivers who wish to upgrade them to comparable ViP series (MPEG-4) HD receivers will be able to do so under the DISH’n It Up promotional program, effective April 19, 2006.
Offer: The offer for the additional HD receivers remains the same as the offer for the first HD receiver.
§ Model 811, 6000, 921, and 942 receivers can be exchanged for “like” ViP (MPEG-4) HD receivers.
§ Please note that the prices for multiple HD receivers are paid per receiver. This is an exception from standard DISH’n It Up pricing where the customer pays one price per transaction.
Like for Like exchanges include:
§ 6000/811 for ViP211 or 411
§ 921/942 for ViP622 DVR
Just so Im clear, this states that I can call Dish and upgrade my 942, both 921s and an 811 all in one phone call. Correct?

They charge my credit card $946. When I ship them back my old receivers, I will receive a $600 credit on my bill. I can live with this.

I called the "Special" upgrade number and was told, in no uncertain terms, the $200 rebate was only available for customer upgrading through E* via Dish'n It Up or by paying the full purchase price of $699, plus $99 for installation ($798).

riffjim4069 said:
I called the "Special" upgrade number and was told, in no uncertain terms, the $200 rebate was only available for customer upgrading through E* via Dish'n It Up or by paying the full purchase price of $699, plus $99 for installation ($798).

That being the case, the e-mail I received from a certain dealer is false advertising ! If I had believed the claim and purchased the 622 from them I would have been screwed out of the $200 credit !:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)