Dish satellite signal and OTA signal on common RG-6 cable runs

Well, we need you out here in uglysville! I was aghast at some of the things you stated about how some installers were to approach an OTA install. Shocking! No wonder we get posts of OTA integrated with Dish not being satisfactory. Running new cable to the STB is a nice touch and something a really good installer would do--to make it last and the best possible customer experience. Actually, if some of the lazy installers would do all installs as a permanent solution, there would not have to return to fix things, if they ever do.

Yes, height, and placed outdoor, those are the keys to getting really reliable OTA signal. I know mine should be higher, but I just aint gonna attempt that myself, but I do have to go up and re-point if the winds--usually have to be strong winds--turn the antenna in completely the wrong direction. Sounds like you have pride in your work, which is rare these days. At least you can sleep well at night knowing you did your best.
Thank you, sir. My best friend, Bob and I have pushed each other and been competitive with each other in the 5 years we've worked here and together have become 2 of the top guys in the company we work for. One night, hanging out at his house, drinking too much, and talking about the frankentechs that work here, he says to me, "Think about this. A customer is waiting for a Dish tech to show up. Van backs in, the doorbell rings, he or she opens the door to see you or I standing there. Do you know how lucky that customer is?" At first I just laughed, but that stuck with me and I use it to motivate myself to make sure every customer I deal with get's that "lucky" experience.

That stupid CSAT metric is a big deal now, in our company. Too many guys are failing at it. I recently wrote a guide called 7 Steps To Maxing CSATS and one of the things I included was:

4. Do Good Work. Sloppy work is a guaranteed CSAT hit.
? The most frustrating part of this job to me is following another tech that did shoddy work. It's not hard to do clean cabling. Just see it in your mind. How the contours of the house are.
? Know how to do nice, clean service and drip loops. And service loops are not the size of a beach ball.
? Use Flex Clamps the right way. Elbow of the clamp tight into the rib of the siding.
? Tuck cables in corners.
? Clip cable to ceiling joists in basement.
? Screw hubs, splitters, etc into the wall or joint correctly.
? Use sweeps and multiple zip ties on poles to keep the cable tight and straight.
? Make smart wall penetrations, use bushings and wall plates - with the barrels in the wall plates. I've seen guys remove the barrels and run the cable right through the hole in the wall plate.

Just for the heck of it, the 7 steps I wrote were:

1. Call your Customer with an approximate ETA. Leaving a customer guessing when you'll arrive is a CSAT hit.
2. Know your Job Before You Arrive. If you come across as being clueless about why you're there, that's a CSAT hit.
3. Greet your customer with confidence. If you seem like you don't know what you're doing, that's a CSAT hit.
4. Do Good Work. Sloppy work is a guaranteed CSAT hit.
5. Setup all the options on the receivers and do it like you've done it a million times.
6. Educate The Customer. Leaving a customer that doesn't know how to use the system is a CSAT Hit.
7. Make the CSAT Speech to EVERY customer. Not making the speech is asking for a fail

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)