Dish says it's interested in NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I think DISH might want to pay for it. It would derail the entire DIRECTV / AT&T Deal...

And then AT&T would go after DISH, get the NFL and access to all DISH's stockpile of cellular spectrum.

It's a win win win for DISH all around. :D

It would certainly be fun to watch a bidding war between DIRECTV and Dish!

I think that they will be a serious bidder this time, however, I do not think that Charlie really "wants" it, he "wants" to derail the T/DTV deal, or at the least force the price artificially higher by bidding it up making DirecTV pay more than they would like. I do not think that Charlie really wants to give up control of Dish, he controls 81% of the voting shares of the company. Not to mention, AT&T couldn't buy Dish and the spectrum both, the government would not allow it. They are going to have a hard enough time convincing the Feds on the DirecTV acquisition. What is much more likely, is a T-Mobile acquisition by Dish, or some kind of joint venture between Dish and a merged Sprint-T-Mobile to make use of Dish's spectrum.

I think DISH might want to pay for it. It would derail the entire DIRECTV / AT&T Deal...

And then AT&T would go after DISH, get the NFL and access to all DISH's stockpile of cellular spectrum.

It's a win win win for DISH all around. :D
As I expressed in the other thread, Charlie grinning from ear to ear about about all of this.

I don't see it happening. I've heard Charlie say he was interested before but he isn't willing to pay the price. Just imagine all the complaining from all the non sports fans on here if they did buy it. :eek:

I honestly don't think Charlie can afford to be complacent for much longer.Sure they are sitting on a ton of spectrum,sure they are moving towards streaming packages,but they are still in the 14 million sub range,at some point they gotta take a chance to garner more subscriber growth.

I for one ,do NOT want DISH to buy NFL Sunday ticket. All our programming pack prices would go up by $10.00 over night to help pad the cost into everyone's programming pack to help pay for it like DIRECTV does now. Besides I would think that old Charlie would already be all spent out when you consider all the spectrum he has bought up in the last few years, & the blockbuster debacle . Don't they want over $4 billion for it?

I for one ,do NOT want DISH to buy NFL Sunday ticket. All our programming pack prices would go up by $10.00 over night to help pad the cost into everyone's programming pack to help pay for it like DIRECTV does now. Besides I would think that old Charlie would already be all spent out when you consider all the spectrum he has bought up in the last few years, & the blockbuster debacle . Don't they want over $4 billion for it?

Shoot,our bills have seen those kind of increases without ST.Maybe Charlie had a plan to make a run all along.

Not if it were a la carte!
Supposedly it is ala cart at DIRECTV as well, but as I said they pad all their regular programming packs by at least $10.00 to help defray the cost of paying for that 4 bilion NFL pack. I'm sure that Charlie would follow their lead and do the same.

There is no saying that we haven't been paying the surcharge for it all along. :)

I think its genius myself, what would a big for NFL Sunday Ticket do to DIRECTV / AT&T?

I know a lot of Dish customer would not like it because it would mean higher rates but it should really help Dish overall with customer growth. There is a reason DirecTV has more customers and it's not because of their prices or packages.

There is no saying that we haven't been paying the surcharge for it all along. :)

I think its genius myself, what would a big for NFL Sunday Ticket do to DIRECTV / AT&T?

I say go for it. Every one of us still has the option to switch to another provider if we don't like it. I myself welcome it.

Reactions: KAB
Is there a pre-arranged auto renew with the NFL, assuming price agreement, or must the NFL open it up for bidding from all comers?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Supposedly it is ala cart at DIRECTV as well, but as I said they pad all their regular programming packs by at least $10.00 to help defray the cost of paying for that 4 bilion NFL pack. I'm sure that Charlie would follow their lead and do the same.

I no longer have either provider but I have had both over the years. From what I have seen in comparing packages between the two of them Directv isn't $10 more than Dish. It looks like the first year would actually be slightly cheaper for me with Directv and after that dish would be but the prices are pretty comparable.

Edit: Regular price for AT200 on Dish is $69.99. The regular price for Xtra on Directv is $73.99. Dish programing is cheaper by $4 after promos wear off. Yes Dish is cheaper but I would say that's comparable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts