Dish says No HD in Welcome Pak?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DBSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
NC
FYI...Dish supervisor said no HD channels in Welcome Pak....Whats going on here. SatelliteGuys says yes, Dish says No!!!...I give up....

I would listen to SG. As a former CS Sup, I can say that we are just higher paid reps, that are set in the old ways most the time. You can also ask DIRT, they should have some easy info for you. There may even be something available on mydish.com for it as well.

Reactions: fhsucade07
FYI...Thanks for the info...I pm'd a "Dirt" member to see what they know...Waiting to hear back...

FYI..I don't drink coffee...Other folks say that they have been added to Welcome Pak per uplink report, I'm not getting them...Do I have to be on Eastern arc with Dish locals?...Just Western Pak here and no locals because of LOS issues...

FYI..I don't drink coffee...Other folks say that they have been added to Welcome Pak per uplink report, I'm not getting them...Do I have to be on Eastern arc with Dish locals?...Just Western Pak here and no locals because of LOS issues...
Why don't you start by telling us what equipment you have and what satellites you have a line of site to?

Also make sure you are on All channels, or make sure you updated your favorites.

FYI...I have VIP 211k with EHD...I only get 110W and 119W...No other Satellites in my LOS due to lots of trees...No 129 no 61.5 Ok?

FYI...Thanks...I see that now....Seems like a DISH CSR could have told me that...I called Friday about it, they couldn't fix it...Then they started charging me for Welcome pak with locals, which I was grandfaterhered in, without locals, since I signed up for Dish about 5 or 6 ears ago...I aint paying for something I ain't getting and can't get...Dish CSR's are screwed up...

FYI...Thanks...I see that now....Seems like a DISH CSR could have told me that...I called Friday about it, they couldn't fix it...Then they started charging me for Welcome pak with locals, which I was grandfaterhered in, without locals, since I signed up for Dish about 5 or 6 ears ago...I aint paying for something I ain't getting and can't get...Dish CSR's are screwed up...

It sounds like you are a good candidate for Direct TV.

Agree, obviously you have a clear Los at 99-103.
And the H25 is an excellent HD receiver.

Only issue is Directv doesn't have a Solution for Turing a single HD receiver into a DRV
Like the 211 models from dish.

So at Minimum you are already set at a Minimum $21.50 before you even start subscribing to a Basepackage if you need DVR.

Normally I agree about dish CSRs....... but the CSR just isn't going to go into detail about what satellites you get etc with every customer. If you had escalated to tech support they probably would have narrowed it down. Further, even here until very recently it was unclear if the Welcome pack really had HD now, while the CSR should be given the latest info on these things it just doesn't always happen, or it is possible it isn't official yet. The fact that we here find things that have changed doesn't mean DISH is ready to make it official or that it will stay that way.
You've been a member here for 5 years, and you called a CSR for info? :)

Reactions: Stormy_2021
FYI...I did talk to Tech support X2...They knew nothing as of yesterday...But they shouldn't be charging me for it Locals that is, I didn't do anything to my package...I was just asking questions about the WX Ch in HD....I don't want to go to Directv...Welcome Pak is all I can afford...Recently retired...Need to keep cost down...Looking at cutting the cord...

We can close this thread...Yes you can get WX Ch in HD....If you get locals or 72W...I just can't....

The channels were added on both arcs simultaneously.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)