dishanywhere.com not working

dnworrell

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Walkertown, NC
I recently had to swap out my HWS due to hard drive failure. Since then I am unable to watch 'Live' or dvr recorded shows via dishanywhere on my pc. I can however, connect and watch both via my android mobile phone. I have a second hopper with an external sling that is bridged thru the HWS and can watch both on it. The receiver shows up as connected on the website and I have rebooted it remotely. Anyone else experienced this issue?

I recently had to swap out my HWS due to hard drive failure. Since then I am unable to watch 'Live' or dvr recorded shows via dishanywhere on my pc. I can however, connect and watch both via my android mobile phone. I have a second hopper with an external sling that is bridged thru the HWS and can watch both on it. The receiver shows up as connected on the website and I have rebooted it remotely. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Did you ever find a fix for this? I am currently having the same problem. I can access the Hopper fine with my phone, but when I try with the PC it will not connect. Dishanywhere was working fine with my 722s, but when I upgraded to the Hopper, PC access has not been possible.

dishanywhere is working as expected for me.

I'd be suspicious of some manner of authentication issue.

Have those with problems tried Matt's suggestions?

I have used it in the past and was curious if I had these issues. When the page first loaded I got:

"Temporary video source misconfiguration (unsmiley face)"
Please try again later.
Error 7001​

So I plodded around in there for a bit to see what else was going on, got my DVR listings and whatnot and in the end I pressed "Live TV" and it had to "initialize" and "load", but I got Live TV, Dr. Phil. Yes, it was very scary. Did some channel surfing and it all works off both my HwS's now.

Used Mac Pro OctaCore running 10.10.5, Firefox v42.0.

I would uninstall all dish anywhere and sling software via control panel/programs and features. And then uninstall all dishanywhere/sling addons/plugins from your browsers. Restart pc. Now this is the important part. If you install it on more than one browser it breaks. Pick a browser and stick with it. Go to dishanywhere.com on that browser. Go to live tv and it will ask to install dish anywhere.

I would uninstall all dish anywhere and sling software via control panel/programs and features. And then uninstall all dishanywhere/sling addons/plugins from your browsers. Restart pc. Now this is the important part. If you install it on more than one browser it breaks. Pick a browser and stick with it. Go to dishanywhere.com on that browser. Go to live tv and it will ask to install dish anywhere.

Well, I gave this a try and it didn't work. I'm leaning towards some kind of authentication issue. When I log in to dishanywhere from my PC, under my DVR tab it is displays shows that I did not and would not have recorded with dates from last Spring (I got my Hopper last week). Under the Guide tab are a random selection of channels that some of which wouldn't even be part of my programming package. I click on one of the channels to view "live" and the viewer pops up and says it is connected - then I get the following message "An internal error occurred. Do you want to try reconnecting to your set-top box?" I click "Yes" and it does nothing. Having said all this, it will allow me to watch "On Demand" content and seems to know what packages I have for programming. ? ? ?

As I mentioned before, my Dishanywhere app works perfect on my phone. Can't get a PC to work at home, or elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)