Dish says "Yes"

Yankee Fan

Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Why can't we read that phrase? Tomorrow is May 1'st and still no YES NETWORK! Dish carries the Boston Red Socks on NESN,Mets on WPIX and MSG but no Yankees. I know every one is exicted about VOOM and HDTV but why can't we get YES? What will it take to get Charlie to say "YES" ? I have cable just for YES but one will have to go. Waste of money just for baseball. I could go to Directv as many have said but why switch if you like Dish. If I have to choose between Dish and the Yankees .....Yankees win. Maybe not in real life !! I hope more Yankee fans will push for Yes before the season is over. I have contacted Dish and SBC but I get little in return.

I switched from cablevision to E*/SBC to save $$ and get a DVR. i really do like it and do save cash but without the yankees its beginning to suck. with the addition of the new HD it will be hard to leave but enoughs enough. charlie and george need to agree on a deal already. whats it now three seasons without yes. next year the mets will have there own station too, charlie will have to make a deal sooner or later otherwise the ny/cy region will have no baseball to watch.
we need YES!!!!

:(, Change the title of this thread, Why mislead us, i was so excited when i saw the title, only to open the thread and see nothing has changed!!!! :( :( :(

Richard,

It got your attention, didn't it? :)

Welcome Yankee Fan I hope you enjoy the forums.

Why can't Dish just add YES? This question has been asked 50,000 times and the answer is still the same. Dish does not want to pay the amount of money that YES wants for the channel. Dish has come up with several counter offers which have all been rejected by YES. The most talked about one is where Dish offerend YES an a la carte channel. YES get's every single nickel from the a la carte fee. Dish absorbs the cost of uplink, administration. YES rejected the offer. Several major cable systems balked at YES's price for a while but all caved to customer pressure. Dish refused to give in to blackmail.

So that's that. Unless YES lowers its price or accepts a channel slot on Dish, they aren't going to be on Dish.

See ya
Tony

I was faced with the same dilemma and kept threatening to leave E*. Well, before the start of this season, being totally fed up and unwilling to listen to any more of Charlie's empty promises about all sorts of things and tired of balky hardware I finally said enough is enough and switched to D*. I am now totally pleased, with no regrets, as I watch the Yankees in glorious HD on receivers that never reboot or freeze up.
It's good to be free of Charlie's tether and I no longer have to wait, being strung along, for something that may never happen. :)

Don't hold back Andy...let it out. :)

No stringing along with YES on Dish. They have been unambiguous. NO YES on DISH. Period. It aint going to happen. Not until YES relents (which it wont)

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Richard,

It got your attention, didn't it? :)

Welcome Yankee Fan I hope you enjoy the forums.

Why can't Dish just add YES? This question has been asked 50,000 times and the answer is still the same. Dish does not want to pay the amount of money that YES wants for the channel. Dish has come up with several counter offers which have all been rejected by YES. The most talked about one is where Dish offerend YES an a la carte channel. YES get's every single nickel from the a la carte fee. Dish absorbs the cost of uplink, administration. YES rejected the offer. Several major cable systems balked at YES's price for a while but all caved to customer pressure. Dish refused to give in to blackmail.

So that's that. Unless YES lowers its price or accepts a channel slot on Dish, they aren't going to be on Dish.

See ya
Tony

Yeah, and so does yelling fire in a theatre, but that will get you a nice jail sentence!!!!!

P.S.- And i am a Mets fan and could not care less about the stinkees, i just want to be able to get the mike and the mad dog show as i am also a Jets/Knicks/Rangers fan and i have trouble receiving it on 660AM because i live 100 miles away in Northeatern Pa. !!!!! :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)