Dish Scam alert

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I got a call a while ago from a guy claiming to be with Dish. He was a heavily accented person, maybe from India. First off one red flag, the number he called from was my local area code/prefix (OR). He claimed that Dish is going through changes that may affect your channels. He was not very convincing to say the least and he went on to say they needed to check my "box". At that point, I hung up. Who knows what he was trying to do, but I want everyone to know of this latest scam. Maybe some others have gotten these calls already, but I wanted to pass the info on.

I got a call a while ago from a guy claiming to be with Dish. He was a heavily accented person, maybe from India. First off one red flag, the number he called from was my local area code/prefix (OR). He claimed that Dish is going through changes that may affect your channels. He was not very convincing to say the least and he went on to say they needed to check my "box". At that point, I hung up. Who knows what he was trying to do, but I want everyone to know of this latest scam. Maybe some others have gotten these calls already, but I wanted to pass the info on.
I got the same thing. It was reported as fraud on my android phone and I wanted to screw with them. I just hung up on him after his spiel.

Just a friendly reminder that this is still going on. It was a Saturday afternoon and a call came in from 800-333-3474 so I decided to take it. The story was Dish changed their signal and they needed to send me an update, blah blah blah. Decided to play along to see where this was going. Long story short, they want me to send a check to a house in Brooklyn for $149 made out to DTV Upgrade and I'll get $15/mo off for 2 years. I gave them a fake receiver number and password that they realized wasn't correct, so they were trying to get into my account.

I also asked for HBO, but they told me that wasn't available and offered Showtime! :clapping

They were so horribly unconvincing that I can't imagine anyone would fall for it. Any idea what they would do with my real account information?

For anyone searching, the return phone number they gave me was 631.417.1142 and the address I'm to send the check to is 606 Banner Ave Brooklyn NY 11235

They're calling back tomorrow to confirm I sent the check.

Just a friendly reminder that this is still going on. It was a Saturday afternoon and a call came in from 800-333-3474 so I decided to take it. The story was Dish changed their signal and they needed to send me an update, blah blah blah. Decided to play along to see where this was going. Long story short, they want me to send a check to a house in Brooklyn for $149 made out to DTV Upgrade and I'll get $15/mo off for 2 years. I gave them a fake receiver number and password that they realized wasn't correct, so they were trying to get into my account.

I also asked for HBO, but they told me that wasn't available and offered Showtime! :clapping

They were so horribly unconvincing that I can't imagine anyone would fall for it. Any idea what they would do with my real account information?

For anyone searching, the return phone number they gave me was 631.417.1142 and the address I'm to send the check to is 606 Banner Ave Brooklyn NY 11235

They're calling back tomorrow to confirm I sent the check.
Yeah, that address really looks like a DISH office location! :D

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 2.54.46 PM.png

When I moved from phone co. and got armstrong cable , it was the best move I rver made. They have a service that doesn,t let any spam calls go thru. Never get any election candidates or any company call me that uses automatic dialer. Heck the hospital can not even call me. I have never got 1 spam call in 3 years yet.

Anyone in Brooklyn wanna go knock on the door?
I am in Michigan and someone in Atlanta got my moms cc info and used it to pay their utility bills and cell phone.
I was so tempted to drive or fly there with a f**king bat and start swinging
ultimate pos that pray on on old people. to stupid or lazy to get a job

• Love
Reactions: HipKat
Anyone in Brooklyn wanna go knock on the door?

Since we have an address and a phone number can’t we get the authorities to prosecute. When you Google the phone number you see numerous reports about the scam. It looks like it is both Dish and Direct TV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The property is owned by Frank Rosemberg. This may be a rental property since the tax bill is sent to ROSEMBERG FRANK 25NORTHWAY BRONXVILLENY 10708-23
This information is taken from Kings County, N.Y. public records. This is available to the public.

06 BANNER AVENUE​
Borough: BROOKLYN​
Block: 7263 Lot: 25​

Property Owner(s)
ROSEMBERG FRANK​
Property Data
Tax Year​
2019/20​
Lot Grouping​
Property Address​
606 BANNER AVENUE, 11235​
Tax Class​
1​
Building Class​
C0 - THREE FAMILIES​
Condo Development​
Condo Suffix​

Maybe Frank should know what his tenants are up to. He has a duty to get involved if there is illegal activities on his properties

AS I say to all my friends and family on Dish, anytime they get a call FROM Dish, just say, "Thank you. I'm busy now, but I'll call back later," and hang-up the phone. Then call Dish at their legit telephone number and inquire from there. As you all know, Dish keeps a log on all contacts with customers and any issues will pop up on the CSR screen. That has saved a few of my family members heartache. At least they follow THAT advice from me. :).