Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For those of us who get all wrapped up in our Irish heritage, here's a link for you: TuneIn Popout Player
This will give you "Irish Pub Radio". Also, anyone who has Internet Radio, search for it. It's musical, lively, and happy. A good complement for watching Dish Scapes' "Dunguaire Castle."
Drink To That Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Does dish scapes come with all packages for free?
Yes, it does, as long as you have an HD receiver. (So, those using really old SD-only receivers would not get it, until they upgrade to a newer receiver.)

And the gallery you have to pay $5 a month for?
Yes, although even that would not get you the Gallery if you are using a Wally, since the Gallery app is missing. Gallery requires a Hopper (any model Hopper) in order to get the app. Wally users do get the Gallery content through the On Demand menu during free previews, though. I am not sure whether that would work if they were paying the $5, or if Wally users even have the option of paying for it, if there is no Hopper on the account.

Reactions: maggiedeahne
Yes, it does, as long as you have an HD receiver. (So, those using really old SD-only receivers would not get it, until they upgrade to a newer receiver.)

Yes, although even that would not get you the Gallery if you are using a Wally, since the Gallery app is missing. Gallery requires a Hopper (any model Hopper) in order to get the app. Wally users do get the Gallery content through the On Demand menu during free previews, though. I am not sure whether that would work if they were paying the $5, or if Wally users even have the option of paying for it, if there is no Hopper on the account.
Thank you

Reactions: pattykay
Stupid question -- does the Wally still have the "old" UI? I have a Hopper and get the Gallery app like you said but it also shows up for me in the standard guide menu at channel 198.

Stupid question -- does the Wally still have the "old" UI? I have a Hopper and get the Gallery app like you said but it also shows up for me in the standard guide menu at channel 198.
Wally has always had the Carbon UI, just like the Hopper 3. (It was the older Hoppers that "needed" to have their UI updated.) It is just that Wally does not support all of the Apps. On the other hand, occasionally Wally actually will support some Apps that do not work on some other models of Hopper, like the Hopper Duo. What is the reason for the difference? I have no idea.

Channel 198 is just a shortcut to launch the Gallery app. So, it still requires a receiver (Hopper only) that supports the app, in order to see channel 198 in the guide. It is not there on Wally.

Just stunned to see IT in the nighttime scene. Did not cross my mind that the Dishscape artists would use IT. The whole hour is just beautiful!

Ironically, Dish just dropped their entire Japanese programming package.

The message in the guide on channel 9989 reads:
"The Japanese Pack has been discontinued and the Family Gekijyo channel is no longer available on DISH."

This would be like if Dish had suddenly dropped all service to Alaska last September 1, just as they were launching the Discover Alaska Dish Scape.

• Wow
Ok, so the Robotic Dinosaur looking thing is ummmmmmmmmmmm..... Yeah. Totally out of place. I love the beautiful colors and even the windchime. So my question is, what is that 'beeping' sound? I looked nd looked and have no idea what it could be. Also, any idea on what the blue thing is that kind of jump/flies from the top of the closest tree to the lower tree just popping out of the bottom of the screen? I rewound a few times, but could not figure out what it was supposed to be. All in all, I would LOVE to be on that bridge taking pictures of the beauty surrounding me. :) Well, until the robot dinosaur came out and lasered me to death. LMAO.

So, unless I am mistaken, this one seems to be a half-hour loop, instead of the typical hour-long loop. Maybe they will expand it later? If so, then I would expect more tranquil "filler" to be added in-between the various actions and activities. I kind of like it being busy (more condensed) the way it is now.

For once, we finally got a proper moonset (which just happened to be timed to take place at the same time as the sunrise). So, I am happy.