Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Dishscapes for March reminds me a lot of the January one - a loop that has a portion in the day and then changes to night. Granted it is spaceships instead of the wild west. But the atmosphere where you can hear the bugs and animals making noise. I really like that.
So I timed it, and this month's Dish Scape loop is 20 minutes, unlike the previous 15-minute loops. Also, it is evenly split between day and night. So, that means that the March Dish Scape actually takes place around the same time of year as when it is airing, near the spring equinox. The wild west Dish Scape aired in January, at the start of winter, yet its day scene was longer than the night scene.

Got a kick out of the brief levitation scene.

I saw the alien plant grow and wither and also the flying saucer. But I failed to notice the levitation scene. What am I looking for?

The flying saucer was disappointing because I was expecting this:

closeencounters-ship-devilstower1-700x506.jpg

Reactions: HipKat
Got a kick out of the brief levitation scene.
I like that, too. It reminds me of the special effect they did with water levitating whenever Reverse Flash used his super speed back in The Flash season 1. Except in the Dish Scape, it is loose twigs and stuff levitating instead of water.

Just spent an hour and a half watching "Unexplained". I'd love some back story on this whole thing.
Do you mean on the Dish Scapes channel itself, or just this particular Dish Scape? As someone who got to see the Dish Scapes channel when it was in testing last year (long before Dish started releasing these to the public) I can tell you that the original idea was to do more of a NatureVision-type channel, with relaxing nature scenes, artwork, and maybe even aquariums like the old HD demo "fish tank" channel from back when Dish first started rolling out HD channels. Dish started testing this idea when they were still in negotiations with National Geographic, so I think it was originally intended as a replacement channel in case National Geographic got dropped. By the time Dish finally made the Dish Scapes channel available, the idea had changed, and they started with a Holiday scene, kind of like a spin-off of the Modern Holiday Yule Log channel. Now each month, the Dish Scape changes to a scene to tie in with Dish's "watch event" to promote the theme of the channels that are being featured in free preview that month.

Do you mean on the Dish Scapes channel itself, or just this particular Dish Scape? . . .

The people/source that are doing the scenes. To be a "Fly on the Wall" while they are thinking of this stuff. I'd like to do the same with the DISH Designers/Engineers too. I know DISH changes it's mind more than the weather and I have a ton of the "real life" things in apps our my TVs, ATV4K and whatnot. This is a surprising thing on their part though. It's fun and silly much like the "The Guide" but doesn't cause any havoc.

I was waiting for a "creature" to pop up right in front of the screen and go "Booo!!!" Once I got that thought in my head, the relaxing wonderment went away. But I still love it. Even though it isn't all that relaxing trying to find all the "Supernovi", moving stars, things in the bushes . . .

TheKrell (Great Movie. I have it on LaserDisc and the Back Story it is pretty interesting) The "Levitation" is during the day.