Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I actually enjoyed watching the dish scape western scene for about 6 minutes. It had enough animation to keep my interest. From the wolf at night to the train during the day. The nature sounds are relaxing. I agree that it is more interesting than the Yule log. Good job Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I especially enjoy the train and the coyote. Just replaced my DirecTV Genie with a Dish Hopper 3, learning how to use the Hopper is a challenge.

tumbleweed49, we have a great How-To section on mydish.com with more detailed information on how to use your Hopper. You can click on this link, select Hopper/Joey/Wally, then select either Settings or Features with more instructions or videos: Request Rejected

I actually enjoyed watching the dish scape western scene for about 6 minutes. It had enough animation to keep my interest. From the wolf at night to the train during the day. The nature sounds are relaxing. I agree that it is more interesting than the Yule log. Good job Dish.
If you like nature sounds (and yule logs) then you may want to check out NatureVision on channel 600-50. I think it requires an International package. However, since it is a streaming channel, there is no need to add the 118 satellite to be able to get it.

Also, for those who do not want to wait around to see the night scene on Dish Scapes channel 199, it starts around the last five minutes of each half-hour. So, 25 minutes and 55 minutes past the hour. At least, that is when I saw the night scene when I just watched it right before posting here.

Reactions: HipKat
You can also record it then play it back in high speed...
My sister did that last month with the Holiday Dish Scapes. We fast-forwarded through several hours, and did not see enough change to make the effort worth it. This month's Dish Scapes is definitely a big improvement, and hopefully they will continue to improve even more going forward. If Dish is going to continue having both day and night scenes in the Dish Scapes, I just thought it would be a good idea to post the schedule of when the scene changes here, to make it easier for everyone to know how far to fast-forward (or skip forward) to get to the other scene. Otherwise, it can get a bit repetitive while you are waiting for the scene to change. :)

I do like the Dish scapes, but going forward I would like to see it bimonthly. February could be a couple weeks of Valentine's Day, but that will age quickly. Why not have two weeks of something else after? A nice green scene for a couple weeks in March, a field with a rain mode instead of a night mode. Then shake it up a bit with shamrocks growing in the field, with a leprechaun popping in from time to time. Rainbow after the rain.

It is a great idea, but clearly in 1.0 stage is what I'm saying.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay