Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

Where is Spearman that the land is hilly? The Texas I knew is flat.

This looks like ice age glacier-sculpted terrain, like in the upper Midwest. Maybe Michigan or Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Let me turn that around and ask what part of Texas did you know, and is that the only part you've ever seen? A large section of it is literally called Hill Country. With a range from 8749 feet above sea level down to actual sea level, there is no definition of the word flat that applies to Texas.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The pig's head movements look robotic to me.

The topography makes me think of central PA, or southern OH, IN, IL, or IA. Calling it Heartland is about right.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, we are now past Independence Day. The bunting is gone, the stars and stripes pinwheel is gone, flags are down. Meanwhile the farm is back to work - a tractor in the field, a goat wandering about. The carnival is still in town. Seeing some fireflys at night, no more fireworks. Just summer in the Heartland. :)

I have not watched the entire hour but I just noticed an Airplane crop dusting the one field. I don’t know if that is new. I also see the tractor in the distance. Also saw vehicles driving in the nearby town.
I see the horse and pig but I have not seen the goat.
For those of us that have plenty of time Dish ought to sponsor an “I spy contest” to see how observant their customers are.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have not watched the entire hour but I just noticed an Airplane crop dusting the one field. I don’t know if that is new. I also see the tractor in the distance. Also saw vehicles driving in the nearby town.
I see the horse and pig but I have not seen the goat. ...
I think you just missed it. Something crosses the road and goes behind the tractor, right before the plane flies across the screen. I was watching on a small screen, in the picture in the upper-right corner of the guide. So, if that was not the goat, I am sure that someone here will correct me.

I think you just missed it. Something crosses the road and goes behind the tractor, right before the plane flies across the screen. I was watching on a small screen, in the picture in the upper-right corner of the guide. So, if that was not the goat, I am sure that someone here will correct me.

That's the pet duck. :)

Okay, here's one I'm trying to figure out. In the Heartland early morning scene (with the rising fog) every once in a while I hear a metallic "bonk." Has anyone seen anything on the screen that is associated with that sound?

BTW, I think the tractor and machine sounds more like a big vacuum cleaner than farm equipment.

Last edited:
Well, we are now past Independence Day. The bunting is gone, the stars and stripes pinwheel is gone, flags are down. Meanwhile the farm is back to work - a tractor in the field, a goat wandering about. The carnival is still in town. Seeing some fireflys at night, no more fireworks. Just summer in the Heartland. :)
Like it's supposed to be.:heartbeat2

Who uses a high wing Cessna for crop dusting? Better get and Air Tractor. And what kind of crop duster releases his load that high above the ground to let it drift everywhere? These guys fly 5 ft or less above the crops.

• Wow
Reactions: maggiedeahne