Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

I love these DishScapes. They are all interesting and fun to see what you can find. Has anyone else noticed the the windmill is turning in the wrong direction for the tilt of the fan blades. It turns counterclockwise. With the tilt of the blades on this windmill it should turn clockwise. The more you look at it the more you find. Actually, it is better than a lot of other TV on right now.:)

I love these DishScapes. They are all interesting and fun to see what you can find. Has anyone else noticed the the windmill is turning in the wrong direction for the tilt of the fan blades. It turns counterclockwise. With the tilt of the blades on this windmill it should turn clockwise. The more you look at it the more you find. Actually, it is better than a lot of other TV on right now.:)
That is the first thing my sister noticed about it. :)

• Wow
Reactions: maggiedeahne
I thought that as well, but perhaps the wind is coming from the opposite direction?

Reactions: pattykay
I thought that as well, but perhaps the wind is coming from the opposite direction?

If the wind is coming from the tail end, then the tail should flip it around. Just saying.

image3(5).png

Well, we are now past Independence Day. The bunting is gone, the stars and stripes pinwheel is gone, flags are down. Meanwhile the farm is back to work - a tractor in the field, a goat wandering about. The carnival is still in town. Seeing some fireflys at night, no more fireworks. Just summer in the Heartland. :)
To the tune of Fireflies by Owl City:

I'd like to make myself believe
That the windmill turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather watch another channel I receive
Because there's nothing else good on TV

I just made an observation that the town may indeed be Smallville and maybe that is the Kent farm. About 1 minute before the scene changes from late afternoon to dusk (pink & yellow sky) a most peculiar event occurs just behind the white pickup truck parked beside the country road. A vertical pole with street light suddenly appears. The light comes on and remains lit throughout the night until the pole & light slowly fades away as dawn becomes early morning. The street light & pole are definitely not visible behind the pickup truck during the day. Could this be Superman experimenting with cloaking technology or maybe it's Superboy up to some early science hijinks?

I just made an observation that the town may indeed be Smallville and maybe that is the Kent farm. About 1 minute before the scene changes from late afternoon to dusk (pink & yellow sky) a most peculiar event occurs just behind the white pickup truck parked beside the country road. A vertical pole with street light suddenly appears. The light comes on and remains lit throughout the night until the pole & light slowly fades away as dawn becomes early morning. The street light & pole are definitely not visible behind the pickup truck during the day. Could this be Superman experimenting with cloaking technology or maybe it's Superboy up to some early science hijinks?
Maybe that is why they keep the truck parked there all of the time. You wouldn't want someone who is walking or driving through there accidentally running into an invisible pole in the middle of the day. This way, they can see the truck there and go around it. If there is an accident, they would probably hit the truck before they would hit the pole. :spy

Maybe that is why they keep the truck parked there all of the time. You wouldn't want someone who is walking or driving through there accidentally running into an invisible pole in the middle of the day. This way, they can see the truck there and go around it. If there is an accident, they would probably hit the truck before they would hit the pole. :spy
That certainly is as good a theory as any. :thumbup

It is just Dish's way of making all the fans of the UFO DishScape happy. They missed the mysterious goings on, so, just for them, Dish included one down on the farm.

I love the farm with the town in the back ground it’s just like spearman Texas
I was thinking more like Smallville, Kansas.
Where is Spearman that the land is hilly? The Texas I knew is flat.

This looks like ice age glacier-sculpted terrain, like in the upper Midwest. Maybe Michigan or Minnesota or Wisconsin.
The topography makes me think of central PA, or southern OH, IN, IL, or IA. Calling it Heartland is about right.
I just made an observation that the town may indeed be Smallville ...
I was bored, so I decided to help put to rest the debate about the state in which this scape takes place, by timing the night scene. The sky gets totally dark around 38 minutes past the hour. Then, the sky gets light again around 50 minutes past the hour. So, that is only about 12 minutes of total darkness, or one-fifth of the sixty-minute "day." Making that proportional to a 24-hour day, one-fifth of a day would be only 4.8 hours of total darkness. Also, keep in mind that this scape supposedly takes place after July 4th, so it is not even the shortest night of the year, although still pretty close to it. Therefore, for the night to be that short, this scape must take place pretty far north. My guess would be that this farm is somewhere in the southern part of Alaska, which is not exactly where most people think of when they think "Heartland." Perhaps someone here who lives in one of the northern contiguous states (such as Minnesota, North Dakota, or Montana) can weigh in on whether a night in July lasting only 4.8 hours is fairly accurate for their area, though.

I have watched a little each month but not so much this time around. If you can't do some real good footage of a REAL farm / rural area and have to go animated why bother.

I was bored, so I decided to help put to rest the debate about the state in which this scape takes place, by timing the night scene. The sky gets totally dark around 38 minutes past the hour. Then, the sky gets light again around 50 minutes past the hour. So, that is only about 12 minutes of total darkness, or one-fifth of the sixty-minute "day." Making that proportional to a 24-hour day, one-fifth of a day would be only 4.8 hours of total darkness. Also, keep in mind that this scape supposedly takes place after July 4th, so it is not even the shortest night of the year, although still pretty close to it. Therefore, for the night to be that short, this scape must take place pretty far north. My guess would be that this farm is somewhere in the southern part of Alaska, which is not exactly where most people think of when they think "Heartland." Perhaps someone here who lives in one of the northern contiguous states (such as Minnesota, North Dakota, or Montana) can weigh in on whether a night in July lasting only 4.8 hours is fairly accurate for their area, though.
I was stationed in Alaska and there is NO way that this picture is from there.:facepalm:)