Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are persistent rumors that there are living sauropods in the Congo, but I don't think you can see Kilimanjaro from there.

• Wow
Reactions: maggiedeahne
This months is busy. Trying to figure out the reason for the brontosaurus that shows up at night. It even looks like it has some type of light tied around its neck.
So, last months had a fire breathing dragon that never existed.
I am starting to wonder if these Dish Scapes are actually miniature sets. So, the "brontosaurus" is actually someone's pet lizard that wandered onto the set, and the "mechagodzilla" was actually someone's toy robot. If so, the inclusion of these elements is just the filmmakers' (Dish Scape artists') way of "winking" at the audience, letting us know not to take these scenes too seriously.

Pretty nice one this month but once again we have mindless "barking" (what the heck is that supposed to be anyway?). I'm sure some folks like the monkey and the dino but frankly I'd prefer they left the nonsense out and kept it realistic, but that's just me.

I'd prefer they left the nonsense out and kept it realistic, but that's just me.
No, it's me as well. ;) And I have a beef with the animal motions. CG has gotten so realistic, IIRC the artists on Shrek had to dial down the realism to keep from creeping everybody out. No worries on Dish animals who shuffle or even run with their bodies absolutely straight and level. I think the lions did a little up and down bounding. But every other animal I saw just shuffled along as though it had no weight to shift from side to side or up and down. Yes, this is nit picking.

No, it's me as well. ;) And I have a beef with the animal motions. CG has gotten so realistic, IIRC the artists on Shrek had to dial down the realism to keep from creeping everybody out. No worries on Dish animals who shuffle or even run with their bodies absolutely straight and level. I think the lions did a little up and down bounding. But every other animal I saw just shuffled along as though it had no weight to shift from side to side or up and down. Yes, this is nit picking.
What, you expect Dish to spend Dreamworks level of money on these? :eeek

What, you expect Dish to spend Dreamworks level of money on these? :eeek
I doubt it costs that much these days. Plus I did see a couple of animals that had more natural motion, such as the giraffes and the impalas. So they can do it if they care. The rhinos were terrible. The baby rhinos appeared to be scaled down adults with horns. They should look like this:

51954977_101.jpg

I doubt it costs that much these days. Plus I did see a couple of animals that had more natural motion, such as the giraffes and the impalas. So they can do it if they care. The rhinos were terrible. The baby rhinos appeared to be scaled down adults with horns. They should look like this:

51954977_101.jpg
I appreciate the loping gait of the giraffes, and the sudden stampede of animals onto the screen close to the beginning of each half hour.

Reactions: TheKrell
I felt that scapes was something that would be a waste of my money; I decided to give it a try last week and I love it. I think it is good for a high strung person like me- very comforting. Glad I gave it a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys