Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox. It appears to be the schedule of the switchover to the new Dish Network security system.

Lets hope this schedule is accurate and not delayed. Bye Bye Hackers... (Coming soon good FTA equipment as discont prices to Ebay.) :D

Programming services that are supported on the Aladin (old) Smart Cards will be taken down based on the staggered schedule below. The dates in parentheses are when reminder pop-up messages will begin appearing on an affected customer’s TV screen.

• 4/1/09 – Adult programming (customer pop-up reminder messages began 3/18).

• 4/8/09 – HD programming, Starz, and Encore (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 3/25).

• 4/15/09 – Latino programming, Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax (customer pop-up messages for Latino begin 3/25 and for Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax begin 4/1).

• 4/22/09 – Classic Gold 250 (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 4/8).

• 4/29/09 – Classic Silver 200 (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 4/15).

• 5/27/09 – Last round of on-screen messaging begins on 5/6 for any remaining services. All remaining services (including local network programming) will be shut off to Aladin Smart Cards by 5/27.

AEP with HD still no pop ups, or channel 998 or cards in mail yet... Have original 622s. I feel left out. If Dish cuts my programming without getting the cards out... I would not want to be the CS rep at Dish...

What about the prepaid dishnow folks, we get the same channels but have been screaming at dish for 9 months to come up with a proactive plan to give us all new cards, it took an act of congress and had to go to the highest levels at dish to get my own new purple card for my prepaid dishnow box for international, Dish has no account number and no address info on file for dishnow prepaid folks, when they call to ask for new smartcard they get the run around, what about the prepaid dishnow folks? SILENCE Dish public relations has nothing to say?

This is going to be interesting to watch. The customers that invariable slip thru the cracks are going to be really hostile when their programming goes black.
No way would I want to be a customer service rep for the next few months.

AEP with HD still no pop ups, or channel 998 or cards in mail yet... Have original 622s. I feel left out. If Dish cuts my programming without getting the cards out... I would not want to be the CS rep at Dish...
be careful how you treat the guy who has access to a lot of your personal information

my parents have a 211 with no place to put in a smart card, and i have a 211k with no place to put in a smart card. so are we in jeopardy of losing our channels?

Programming services that are supported on the Aladin (old) Smart Cards will be taken down based on the staggered schedule below. The dates in parentheses are when reminder pop-up messages will begin appearing on an affected customer’s TV screen.

• 4/1/09 – Adult programming (customer pop-up reminder messages began 3/18).

• 4/8/09 – HD programming, Starz, and Encore (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 3/25).

• 4/15/09 – Latino programming, Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax (customer pop-up messages for Latino begin 3/25 and for Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax begin 4/1).

• 4/22/09 – Classic Gold 250 (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 4/8).

• 4/29/09 – Classic Silver 200 (customer pop-up reminder messages begin 4/15).

• 5/27/09 – Last round of on-screen messaging begins on 5/6 for any remaining services. All remaining services (including local network programming) will be shut off to Aladin Smart Cards by 5/27.
• 5/28/09 – N3 Crack becomes widespread. :rolleyes:

At least if it's anything like last time. My hopes for a secure Dish Network are somewhat jaded. :(

So, with the new cards (I got mine months ago) will you still have to have a phone line connected to each receiver? BTW, what is the purpose of the phone line? What if you don't have regular phone service, but only use a cellphone? This is very confusing to me.

• 5/28/09 – N3 Crack becomes widespread. :rolleyes:

At least if it's anything like last time. My hopes for a secure Dish Network are somewhat jaded. :(

Well, maybe give them a month or two to build up demand first :)

The problem is, the amount of money to be made by selling pirate devices is probably 10x the budget of Nagravision/Echostar security. They are simply outmatched. Combined with the fact Nagravision provides the same security to multiple providers in Europe as well, increases the demand for pirate goods.

Under your agreement with Dish Network you must have a phone line or broadband connected to your receiver at all times.

By having it hooked up the receiver reports home every so often and reports PPV purchases, signal levels, and its also possible to report back viewing habits.

I started getting these pop ups on my HD and premium channels yesterday on the two receivers that don't have the new cards. I called them immediately and told them that they have not sent me any new cards and that I was getting the messages. She said that they will mail them "soon" (that's what she said).

I asked, "What if I have not received them by April 8th, would I lose my channels?" She said, "Don't worry about it, we can fix your subscription if you call us".

So here I sit waiting for the damn cards that were never sent to me. It's annoying that every time you change to one of the HD channels you get the pop up messages and all because they forgot to send me the cards. Do this company have any bussines planning at all? Everything they do seems to have flaws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)