Dish sent my wife $300 gift card to 'switch to Dish'

It does not appear to be a scam. There is an actual Mastercard credit card with the Dish logo, along with Dish brochures and channel listing cards.It looks legit to me.
I only recently started watching scam busting videos on youtube. Almost all boil down to having the mark go to a Walmart or Target etc. to purchase gift cards. I wouldn't touch anything that has "gift card" in it.

I only recently started watching scam busting videos on youtube. Almost all boil down to having the mark go to a Walmart or Target etc. to purchase gift cards. I wouldn't touch anything that has "gift card" in it.
I am skeptical about these types of things too, but the phone numbers are Dish phone numbers, so I think this one is real.

Reactions: TV Junkie
The "gift card" really has nothing to do with that scam. The conman wants the mark to purchase gift cards and send them the numbers. That's going to be quicker than waiting for a check or Western Union.

The scam is ANYONE accepting gift cards as payment.

Isn't that ten bucks per month remaining on the contract? If her price would be lower, use the 300 bucks to pay that and laugh all the way to the bank.

I thought of doing that, but I am locked in to one of their 2-year price lock/discount offers.
I never had Dish before, but after the demise of Orby, I got that same offer and signed up for it. Only have about $20 left on the $300 card LOL. My wife got that same offer a few days ago. Can't switch accounts because of the $20/month early termination fee.