Dish service

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Will Dish let you sign up for the Smart pack or Dish America package & let you pay to have a Hopper 3 & 3 joeys installed & pay for the install out of your own pocket?

Thanks,
Bruce

To give the best answer, what exactly do you want to do, or maybe what are you trying to avoid?

To give the best answer, what exactly do you want to do, or maybe what are you trying to avoid?
Not trying to avoid anything. I am retired & would like to have a Hopper3 with 3 Joeys & reduce me program package. I would be will to pay for the install fees myself. I have a 4k tv & would like to use that part of the Hopper.

Not trying to avoid anything. I am retired & would like to have a Hopper3 with 3 Joeys & reduce me program package. I would be will to pay for the install fees myself. I have a 4k tv & would like to use that part of the Hopper.

I'll try a different way. Why not just get a free install, get the lowest package with discounts like the Top120 and any other offers with a two year contract? You are not tied into whatever package you start with, after a month or whenever you can go any other package. Of course you lose the discounts but still have the install and equipment.

Will Dish let you sign up for the Smart pack or Dish America package & let you pay to have a Hopper 3 & 3 joeys installed & pay for the install out of your own pocket?

Thanks,
Bruce
don't buy the hopper 3 from dish it's 350.00!!! buy the hopper 3 from solid signal it's 229.99!!! i don't know about the joeys.. see if you can contact a few installers you might get an install for under 199 providing you have all of the hardware...
you can go on there flex pay program wich is a pay as you go program with no contracts or credit checks and you don't have to give them your ssn!! you will be paying full retail for the equipment that you want!!! and a 199 install and one month of service up front with no discounts!!! but it's better than having a company hold you by the :eeek if things turn sour

Well actually, $480 is the max ETF.
You are going to spend more then that on a Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys.
And you won't get any programming discounts as a new customer.
It's not like Dish Network equipment is of any use elsewhere.
I don't see why not take the free equipment.
If you plan on dropping the service monthy, maybe you should look to streaming services.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: TheLip
In the case of the contract and all freebies by Dish, are the packages below the Core Packages (the AT's) such as Dish America, Smart or Welcome and Family or WHATEVER, qualify as the minimum required package for the duration of your contract? I thought the minimum required package for the FREE equip route was to be an AT for the duration of the contract, but after that, one could downgrade to below the Core packages. In other words, I thought if you got the freebies on contract you can NOT downgrade lower than the lowest AT Core pack while still under contract.

sure you can. As long as you keep minimum programming (which is smart pack) you can do that during your contract

Folks have posted here that they have done that

You can go below the AT packs but you usually lose the equipment credits, Like the Free HD, and the waived DVR fee.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

the FREE HD is on the account regardless. Its been noted numerous times here and confirmed by DIRT that the "free HD for life" stays on the account as long as you maintain minimum programming

Now if you are referring to a new HD deal with Dish...that I dont know

you would be better off taking the contract if you want a hopper 3 with 3 joeys that's gonna get expsenive!!! right there is 679.99!!! plus the install wich i heard can be from 200-300 bucks depending on the installer and if you bought it from them or not!!! plus the one month of service up front as your mileage will very on that... think of it this way no matter how you go your either paying for the contract up front by not getting any promotions and or freebies and paying full price for everything.. or you can take all of the freebies and promotions and sign a 2 year contract to stay with dish and get all of the bennies... i opted for the no contract because i really don't think that dish would install on a boat:eeek

wonder's what route the OP decided to go:what. i really think the the OP is better off taking the contract and getting all of the freebies and goodies!!! either way you pay for the contract if that's what the op is afraid of.. maybe he's affraid that his credit won't pass for the hopper 3 and 3 joeys but just a hopper 3 and one joey

Last edited:
I'll try a different way. Why not just get a free install, get the lowest package with discounts like the Top120 and any other offers with a two year contract? You are not tied into whatever package you start with, after a month or whenever you can go any other package. Of course you lose the discounts but still have the install and equipment.
i do rember when i was an apt dweller dish would not install on the roof wich was above the 3rd floor for what ever reason they have for that i dunno

you would be better off taking the contract if you want a hopper 3 with 3 joeys that's gonna get expsenive!!! right there is 679.99!!! plus the install wich i heard can be from 200-300 bucks depending on the installer and if you bought it from them or not!!! plus the one month of service up front as your mileage will very on that... think of it this way no matter how you go your either paying for the contract up front by not getting any promotions and or freebies and paying full price for everything.. or you can take all of the freebies and promotions and sign a 2 year contract to stay with dish and get all of the bennies... i opted for the no contract because i really don't think that dish would install on a boat:eeek

Now that's very interesting... I live full-time in an RV (motorhome) and as such feel I'm largely on my own for install.

I just purchased a Hopper 3, a Joey 2.0 and solo hybrid hub with a 1000.2 antenna with a DPH LNBF sitting on a TV4RV heavy duty tripod with aiming gear. I'm pulling all the hardware together myself and am about ready to TRY to pull the trigger on software download, configuration and activation.

This thread is kinda scary to me as it sounds like DISH just assumes they will have me over a barrel now that I've spent about $800 on their proprietary hardware (from a retailer). Can I really expect no promotional deals? oAnd do I just call DISH directly and tell them I want to fire up a subscription? I don't care if I have to sign a two year contract if this stuff works largely as advertised (sounds VERY cool!).

Any more words of wisdom here kids? BTW, I'm also an ex-DirecTV customer because they were not mobile-friendly AT ALL. At least DISH was willing to sign me up with a VIP receiver in the RV, but 2 tuners and little or no DVR function was not going to be acceptable to my dear wife.

Thanks much for any input. Gene

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)