Seriously, i'm one customer, so how'd I get two committments?

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
I posted about this a few months ago, but I wanted to post a quick update. We started with Dish about a year or so ago, but then moved 6 months ago. I did Dish Pause while we moved, then when we got into the new house we needed to add a new receiver. I asked several times if this would be extending my contract, and they said yes. We were 18 months in but it would start it back over at 24 which i was totally fine with.

Now we're looking to cancel DIsh mostly because we just don't use it as much as we used to, and Given we should be about 17 months in I expected the cancellation fee to be about $340, but nope they're staying i still have the original commitment which still has 11 months left at $220 plus the $340 for a second commitment that started when we added the wireless Joey so $560 to cancel. Seriously???? I've talked to two people there and did the chat too, and they all said this.

Is this normal? We used dish for years and canceled a few years back, and adding or upgrading our receiver always just extended our contract but didn't add a new one. I can't get anyone I've spoken to to tell me if this was just entered into their system wrong or if this is even normal, so can someone here clarify this? I don't mind paying $340 to cancel, but $560 is just nuts. I was even told if I sent back the wireless Joey the commitment would stay. i mean we didn't get two separate commitments on the two receivers we bought 13 months ago.

I love Dish's programming and what they offer, but stuff like this just makes me want to run from them as fast as I can. And again i even asked when we moved if this just extended our current contract and I was told yes. At no time did anyone tell me I would have two commitments.

Thanks for any advice.

What's the update to the original post?
He wrote this today on the other thread
"Sorry to resurrect my old post, I just made another post reply but just noticed you replied to this. Can you please PM me if you are free so we can discuss? I just contacted Dish again and was told again i had two commitments and the cancellation would be the total of both. I would love to hear for sure from someone at dish that this isn't so.
Thank you.
Sam
#25 samalex, Today at 3:24 PM

Reactions: Tampa8
Should only be 1 commitment, which is the last one you signed.

Play CSR roulette and try again.

If no satisfaction write your attorney general and likely you will get out of both contracts.

I see no issue paying 1 cancellation fee, but at this point I would play games with them and get out of both contracts just to spite them.

It can be done, as being a national sales partner and retailer for over 12 years trust me on this one.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts