Dish setup problems

Z

zeewiz

May 5, 2004
Hey everyone. I currently have a dish pro twin lnb connected to a dp34 and a 301 and 501 only. It was my understanding that I could remove the dp34 (don't need it now that I only use 2 receivers) and hook up each lnb cable directly to each receiver. When I tried this I only get 110 or 119 found when I run check switch. It also still reports that I have a dp34 connected. I've tried to reset to factory defaults with no luck. Any ideas?

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
You only have a Dish500? No extra dish for locals or int'l?

If the above is correct, unhook the line from the receiver, then run a switch check. That will clear the switch memory. Then rehook and run check switch.
Should work then

Z

zeewiz

May 5, 2004
Thanks. I have locals, but only the one dish 500. I'll run the check switch without the cable connected and see if that solves the problem. I don't need a switch with just one dish 500 and a dishpro twin lnb, right?

drjake

drjake

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 3, 2003
You need to run a switch test after it is connected to the DP Twin to make sure it recognizes the LNB.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
a switch like DP34 (or SW21)..no
a check switch...yes..this will configure your receiver to pick up both satellites

E

El_Cu_Guy

May 6, 2004
It's called "clearing the matrix". Go from the LNBfs to the receivers (sounds like you're not planning to ground the dish/system). Unhook the line-ins from the back of the receivers. Clear the matrix.

You can also try a front panels reset. Hol the power button until the units power off. They will power on by themselves within seconds.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
El cu...do you bother to read threads???

zeewiz said:
I've tried to reset to factory defaults with no luck
and then you come back with

El_Cu_Guy said:
You can also try a front panels reset. Hol the power button until the units power off. They will power on by themselves within seconds.

E

El_Cu_Guy

May 6, 2004
El cu...do you bother to read threads???

There is an option in the menu for this. A front panel reset is somewhat different.

E

El_Cu_Guy

May 6, 2004
A front panel reset will cause the receiver to perform various check but will maintain user settings. It differs from factory reset but not by much.