Dish setup problems

zeewiz

Original poster
May 5, 2004
Hey everyone. I currently have a dish pro twin lnb connected to a dp34 and a 301 and 501 only. It was my understanding that I could remove the dp34 (don't need it now that I only use 2 receivers) and hook up each lnb cable directly to each receiver. When I tried this I only get 110 or 119 found when I run check switch. It also still reports that I have a dp34 connected. I've tried to reset to factory defaults with no luck. Any ideas?

You only have a Dish500? No extra dish for locals or int'l?

If the above is correct, unhook the line from the receiver, then run a switch check. That will clear the switch memory. Then rehook and run check switch.
Should work then

Thanks. I have locals, but only the one dish 500. I'll run the check switch without the cable connected and see if that solves the problem. I don't need a switch with just one dish 500 and a dishpro twin lnb, right?

You need to run a switch test after it is connected to the DP Twin to make sure it recognizes the LNB.

a switch like DP34 (or SW21)..no
a check switch...yes..this will configure your receiver to pick up both satellites

It's called "clearing the matrix". Go from the LNBfs to the receivers (sounds like you're not planning to ground the dish/system). Unhook the line-ins from the back of the receivers. Clear the matrix.

You can also try a front panels reset. Hol the power button until the units power off. They will power on by themselves within seconds.

El cu...do you bother to read threads???

zeewiz said:
I've tried to reset to factory defaults with no luck
and then you come back with

El_Cu_Guy said:
You can also try a front panels reset. Hol the power button until the units power off. They will power on by themselves within seconds.

A front panel reset will cause the receiver to perform various check but will maintain user settings. It differs from factory reset but not by much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)