Dish setup?

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
Does anyone know how many dishes I will need when they install my receivers at my new house thru Dish mover? I have 2 - 4900's, 1-501 and 1-211 HD receiver. I will be near Rochester NY and the locals are in Sd only on 110.

129 will be hard to hit in NY. You may end up with 119/110 and 61.5 depending on LOS at the new house.

with alot the HD on 72.7 doubt it

They would do EA and a wing for 110....but then his equipment needs to be updated

so he better pray its a D1000.2 setup

19 elevation for 129...doable

with alot the HD on 72.7 doubt it

They would do EA and a wing for 110....but then his equipment needs to be updated

so he better pray its a D1000.2 setup

19 elevation for 129...doable
I know I can't get 129. I don't want to upgrade my receivers because then I would have to sign up with dish for another 24 months which I don't want to do because I am thinking about going to Direct sometime in the near future. I just bought the 211 but I don't want to buy any more unless I have to. I was worried that they would not be able to hookup all of the receivers that I presently have since some of them are old. Would dish upgrade any of them free of charge if they could not get the right setup to get them all working?

I don't think they upgrade receivers without another 2yr commitment.
I didn't think so and I don't want a 2yr commitment right now. They should get all of my receivers setup in my new house though without any charge with dish mover? That is all I care about for right now until I decide if I am switching providers or not. Dish has until hockey starts to get MSG in HD or I am switching.

IIRC Dish Mover also requires a commitment. 6 years ago it was 1 yr at AT200.

Does anyone know how many dishes I will need when they install my receivers at my new house thru Dish mover? I have 2 - 4900's, 1-501 and 1-211 HD receiver. I will be near Rochester NY and the locals are in Sd only on 110.
I had Dish out today to setup my receivers and he said I didn't have a line of sight for 110/119 but he could set me up for EA/ 61.5/72.7/77 but only my one receiver (211) would work and that I would not get my locals because they are on 110 in sd. I wasn't too happy but he said they were told that Dish was switching Rochester NY locals to HD by August 23 and would be offering current customers upgrades on their older receivers and switching customers out to the 1000.4 dish. I had him install the one receiver and that I would wait to see what happens in the next month. Also there was no charge for this installation with Dish mover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts