Dish shocked me tonight, but actually in a good way

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
I had a question about something I saw on my bill, so I called to get clarification. After answering my question, I asked the rep if there was any way I could lower my bill without losing channels. I figured, it used to work with my cable company, couldn't hurt to just ask.....

I have America's Everything Pak, Multi-sports, and Latino Bonus pack, so my bill each month is $152.11 after adding in the HD charges, one HD receiver, and one SD receiver (I know, its embarassing, but the dang TV won't die).

The rep gave me $10 off each month for five months.

On top of that, she gave me some 3 month special deal about premium channels, taking another $20 off my bill each month. Honestly, I don't remember, something about free HBO and Showtime.

All-in-all, $30 off for the next 3 months, then $10 off for the following two. Hey, I'll take it! Plus I drop the multi-sports packs, because the blackouts kinda defeat the purpose of having the channels after college football season, in my opinion.

Just curious to see what happens with the price changes coming in the next 10 days.....

Nothing changes on your bill unless you have extra equipment like a 622/625/522/722/722k then you will see a BIG change. IF all you have is an sd additional receiver you will see a 2.00 increase since they standardized the price between sd and hd receivers.

Even better.

Just nice to get good service once in a while. Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with cable companies in a long time!

I had a question about something I saw on my bill, so I called to get clarification. After answering my question, I asked the rep if there was any way I could lower my bill without losing channels. I figured, it used to work with my cable company, couldn't hurt to just ask.....

I have America's Everything Pak, Multi-sports, and Latino Bonus pack, so my bill each month is $152.11 after adding in the HD charges, one HD receiver, and one SD receiver (I know, its embarassing, but the dang TV won't die).

The rep gave me $10 off each month for five months.

On top of that, she gave me some 3 month special deal about premium channels, taking another $20 off my bill each month. Honestly, I don't remember, something about free HBO and Showtime.

All-in-all, $30 off for the next 3 months, then $10 off for the following two. Hey, I'll take it! Plus I drop the multi-sports packs, because the blackouts kinda defeat the purpose of having the channels after college football season, in my opinion.

Just curious to see what happens with the price changes coming in the next 10 days.....

Did they include another 2 yr. contract in the deal? :D:p

I'd sure like to know bc they forced me to do a two year contract and now am going to be stuck with these rate increases which defeats the purpose of the credits.

So I signed up for Dish in December 2009. I have a 722K and signed up for the 2 year contract. Will they raise my rate within the 2 year contract or will the rate hike be initiated after my contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)