Dish should be careful about restricting HD for Life...

Referee

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Southeast US
to new customers. With all the options available to customers with no contractual obligation, my prediction would be mass changeovers.

We really don't want to get too cutesy with the above referenced subset of subscribers.

i could see mass account flipping if this offer is not given to current customers that have been with dish for some time.

It wuld be a nice change if they would becuse the $7 722's i have have turned into $17 each and only one dvr charge is bs as a dual tuner no dvr is $14 not $17 b4 all the new hardware cost. i have had the whole time i was on the AEP that had no DVR charge.

Wuld i stay if dish gave me the standard hd pkg free not relly a make or brake for me the new cost of my gear is making hr23 in every location with direct a cheaper solution granted i lose the pip but the savings with direct in my case would make me jump.

My account is pending a house vote once i can see the new HD from direct and see the new HR24 in action.

At our office sales have flipped to direct if customer requires more then 2 tv's and need more then one DVR to direct. Wonder how long the 14mil customer nuber will stand my gess is by 3Qt that nuber will drop unless dish changes its game for the better

Scott Greczkowski said:
The office IS available to existing customers. Just note that it is not available to ANYONE until June 3rd.

It's available to everyone. Just need to have a 24 month commitment and cc autopay or $99 HD upgrade fee.

The deal is the same for both new and existing customers. But, since most new customers are already on the hook for 2 years it is free (as long as they agree to autopay). For existing customers it is the catch of 2 year renew.

The deal is the same for both new and existing customers. But, since most new customers are already on the hook for 2 years it is free (as long as they agree to autopay). For existing customers it is the catch of 2 year renew.

Are they getting this on top of the discounts? or is this now the discount of basically $10 a month for as long as you are a customer instead of the $15 for a year right now.

to new customers. With all the options available to customers with no contractual obligation, my prediction would be mass changeovers.

We really don't want to get too cutesy with the above referenced subset of subscribers.

I guess I missed something or am stupid what exactly is this thread all about.....

Ross

Everything.....everything that DISH does is always subject to change at any time without notice...read the fine print.
It's gonna be fun explaining this to customers....it's this much without this....but with this it'll be this much but you gotta do this OR this AND that then it'll be this much unless you do that...:confused:
LadyHuhFINAL.jpg

What screwed with my head at first was that for customers getting HD the $10 a month extra included the Platinum...now the "free HD" offer does not include the Platinum channels...which was a tiny handful anyway...and now that tiny handful is an extra $10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)