Dish Sponsors Roush Racing Again

I don't watch much racing but the whole sponsor thing always drove me mad. If you guys have so many sponsors why are you still showing ads?

The sponsors are to pay for the cars themselves (and they are major expensive to build and maintain due to wrecks, tires, ect). Commercials are to help pay for the people running the cameras and bringing the race to your tv screen.

False, but nice try. How many of the races are exclusively shown on the Speed channel? Hmm?

As pointed out, just the All Star race and the Gatorade Duel. But, as also pointed out, Speed carries all of the practices and qualifying for all races. Speed also shows replays of the previous week's race during the week, which I watch on a regular basis. So yes, I can watch the race itself live in HD, but the rest of it is in E*'s compresso-vision, where D* provides it in HD.

Charlie started by selling dishes out of the back of a station wagon. In some ways Dish Network's vision has not grown beyond that and they continue to embarrass themselves in cheap & silly ways.

They sponsored a car with Roush-Fenway racing, yet allow a situation where many people viewing that car will see it in SD only. And unlike some programming, racing looks really bad in SD!

Beyond that the other half of Roush-Fenway is the World Champion Boston Red Sox and NESN-HD - another channel Dish is CHOOSING to carry ONLY in SD.

Oh, and in response to those that say the Sprint Cup races are not on SPEED-HD, while mostly true, they are on Fox (at least now) and there are still millions of viewers that can't get Fox-HD from Dish.

I watch Speed quite a bit. I too would be happy with HD. Speed carries all of the Formula One races. In fact I only subscribe to the minimum channel package that includes Speed. If Speed HD shows up sometime, and if Speed HD shows up in HD only package, I will be saving some money in the future!

-Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)