Dish, Sprint Offer $30, 10 Mbps Fixed LTE Service in Texas

Cox just announced that starting Sept 25th, they were increasing our speed from 25Mbps to 50mbps with no price increase. The price is currently $60 per month. Makes me wonder what is the catch. We currently do not have a limit either. I just tested mine and it is 26.*** Mbps.

Cox just announced that starting Sept 25th, they were increasing our speed from 25Mbps to 50mbps with no price increase. The price is currently $60 per month. Makes me wonder what is the catch. We currently do not have a limit either. I just tested mine and it is 26.*** Mbps.

Wow! I'm paying $60 a month for 12mbps here.

Dish website announcement here: http://about.dish.com/video/dish-launches-high-speed-lte-internet-corpus-christi The DSL post says there is no mention of caps. Wish there were none!

Does anybody know what spectrum Dish/Sprint will be using? Sprint spectrum? Dish spectrum?

No mention of caps, but being wireless, there will probably be one. But, it all depends on the size. If it's 150gb+, then for $30 per month (w/Dsih service) it would work for most people. Especially for people with horrible sat internet service.

Maybe this is how they get their internet tv service to work around the incumbent isp's?

Oh don't worry the cap is coming too. We were one of the Cox markets without a data cap until around a year ago, when the speeds started increasing. I topped the 250gb cap on the 25M plan a few times and was close to the 300gb cap on the 50M plan. I'm on the 100M plan now that they doubled the 50 to 100 last month, but it is still showing a 300gb cap. I'm at 304gb now with my billing cycle starting over tomorrow. Speeds are great though. I test at 98-100M down all the time and 15-18M up. I'm still price locked at $61

lol.

we just got rid of sprint. even though they charge and additional $10/month per line for LTE, it is now where to be found in this area. will be interesting to see how this pans out for them.

Where is here? I am in phx with cox, and we are at the same price and it just recently went to 50mbps. No catches seen in the last 2 months. There has been a cap in place for a couple years now. They are just so high, it would take an avid gamer to reach them. 500 gbs I think is mine. Maybe a little lower

I really get the short end on pricing at my lake house. I pay $70 a month for phone and 6M / 750k windstream dsl. It is all that's available out there and I have also have a microcelll just for the cell phones as the house is in a low valley and barely gets a bar from ATT cell towers.

Sorry, I have to gloat a little --

I'm paying Grande Communications $65 a month for gigabit service in Kyle/Buda, TX. Ordered it one day and they were out the next to hook it up. I have the option for TWC or AT&T DLS, but Grande is the kind of company that all ISPs should aspire to be. Love them.

Oh, and no data caps.

Wow. Never thought id see someone from Kyle/Buda Tx, or even know those names. My aunt and uncle live there. Big tiny town

Reactions: Benyth
Paying $45/month for 50/5 from Mediacom on a promo. Retail is $69 I think.
Similar here with Comcast. 50mbps for $45 for a year promo (just called and asked to downgrade from 25mbps to 20mbps, and was offered the deal). I'm getting $23 in credits per month until July.

This isn't a cable modem btw
It's a telephone type modem, not sure why I need it for, since I don't have phone service anymore, I was told that I can't just buy outright online since it won't work that way, even same model, Only way is to buy is at a Comcast kiosk either BB or other stores with a schedule install, Heard the price was really high that way.