Hopper remote ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
How many remotes come with a hopper install?

If you have 2 hoppers installed, & they both operate via rf, how do the remotes keep from operating both of the hoppers.......since both have to be set the address #1?

If you have 2 Hoppers than you would get a remote for each Hopper. The remotes pair/link to the Hopper. So each Hopper will have a remote linked to that specific Hopper.

How many remotes come with a hopper install?

If you have 2 hoppers installed, & they both operate via rf, how do the remotes keep from operating both of the hoppers.......since both have to be set the address #1?

I don't know if you have any video game systems but if you do think of it as being comparable to how those remotes pair to the console. For example, the Nintendo Wii remotes pair to the console and do not interfere with each other.

You needed 2 remotes to control both tv1 & tv2 independently. If you also have Joey you get another remote. Remotes are readily available on EBay for $10-12.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So you only get 1 remote instead of 2 like the 722

The Hopper is only meant for one TV so you only get one remote. If you have a second TV that you want to watch then you would get a Joey and that comes with it's own remote as well.

The 722 came with two remotes because it was a two room receiver.

It is convenient to have more that one remote per Hopper unless everyone sits in one location to watch TV. Sometimes it is helpful to have another person to work the other remote if the one person it busy (holding the baby, eating, etc.) or doesn't like what you are watching...jk.

It is convenient to have more that one remote per Hopper unless everyone sits in one location to watch TV. Sometimes it is helpful to have another person to work the other remote if the one person it busy (holding the baby, eating, etc.) or doesn't like what you are watching...jk.

And if you are installing a RF modulator on a Hopper for syncing a recorded program on another TV, you will need a 40.0 remote control at the other TV location paired to the Hopper that has the RF modulator.

A Hopper can handle at least two remotes. There is a procedure for linking multiple remotes of using the special interface the remote uses to talk to the Hopper.

I've got 7 remotes paired to the HWS in the main office, and it would probably do another. :)

I could have sworn I have paired all 4 of my remotes to one hopper before. And I know we had at least 3 in the call center to one hopper(messed with the agents during football games. They should be paying attention to their calls.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)