i NEED DIRT ASSISTANCE

Well, until you get up to 5 posts and can PM a DIRT member, I'd say go ahead and fire away with those questions right now. Many of us can give you some general answers and sage advice right away. ;)

Reactions: ChadT41
Well, until you get up to 5 posts and can PM a DIRT member, I'd say go ahead and fire away with those questions right now. Many of us can give you some general answers and sage advice right away. ;)

I thought they got rid of that when contacting DIRT members?

I suggested that artemis register today. He's had Dish for a couple of months (switched from Direct), and has several questions. One such question is about installation warranty, particularly, losing signal way too easily. Another is the channels change on their own, at random times (no close neighbors).

I suggested that artemis register today. He's had Dish for a couple of months (switched from Direct), and has several questions. One such question is about installation warranty, particularly, losing signal way too easily. Another is the channels change on their own, at random times (no close neighbors).

We had a customer a couple of years ago who complained that their receiver changed channels on it's own at random times. We checked it out and found that she had set a timer for 'Paid Programming' and had several hundred events already recorded and several dozens more scheduled to record. When a timer went off and the other tuner was busy the channel would change. Erased all the timers and no more problem.

Reactions: TheKrell
We had a customer a couple of years ago who complained that their receiver changed channels on it's own at random times. We checked it out and found that she had set a timer for 'Paid Programming' and had several hundred events already recorded and several dozens more scheduled to record. When a timer went off and the other tuner was busy the channel would change. Erased all the timers and no more problem.
One of the funniest incidents I had during my tenure as a tech was a guy who was having issues with his DVR.
I went into the menu and found that Sponge Bob Square Pants was set to record "all episodes"....The poor guy didn't have a clue. Once he mentioned that his grand kids were "messing around with the tv", I knew where to go with the solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)