Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
DISH recently sent me an email saying that I needed to have a service call to have my dish flipped to the new arc (I am in Buffalo DMA). When the guy came he said they had placed an order to have him flip the dish and install new receivers. We already have two 211s and when he saw that he said we didn't need the receivers and just flipped the dish. HD was also turned on because we were already on credit card autopay (I assume). Now our bill shows the same charges as before-Smart Pak and one receiver fee-but also shows $1.28 state/local tax that was never there before. I contacted them and they said they have no control over these fees. Can anyone give me an idea about what is going on? $1.28 adds up over time.

More states and local governments are enacting such taxes. The timing might be a coincidence.

Pay TV is just going to get more expensive. The model may collapse and take major sports with it, forcing cheaper alternatives- or people might go more with the Internet. Or, GASP, libraries!

More states and local governments are enacting such taxes. The timing might be a coincidence.

Pay TV is just going to get more expensive. The model may collapse and take major sports with it, forcing cheaper alternatives- or people might go more with the Internet. Or, GASP, libraries!

Thanks for the reply and I sure hope you are right about cheaper alternatives!

DISH has been doing this for a couple years, it sounds like they just updated your account and discovered they hadn't been collecting taxes they were probably paying the state.

I think most people cant grasp is, all this anti-government less taxes BS ends up hurting all of us....either way we end up paying......

No one likes taxes....but JC how the hell do we run anything cutting all the time?

Funny Im old enough to remember when people loved where they lived and didnt worry about the big bad government...Dam how times have changed!!!!!!

Reactions: TheKrell
I think most people cant grasp is, all this anti-government less taxes BS ends up hurting all of us....either way we end up paying......

No one likes taxes....but JC how the hell do we run anything cutting all the time?

Funny Im old enough to remember when people loved where they lived and didnt worry about the big bad government...Dam how times have changed!!!!!!
Yeah we all got older and poorer.

I certainly would not drop it. They charged me sales tax once and I knew for a fact my state did not require it. Dish refunded it and never charged it again.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: navychop

Well grasp this. There is no cutting in the Federal Government. NONE. At best proposed increases are cut back some. Meanwhile pet projects and more and more spending abound. The only cutting back is the consumer. Saying how do we run anything cutting all the time is a politician's dream.

I certainly would not drop it. They charged me sales tax once and I knew for a fact my state did not require it. Dish refunded it and never charged it again.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I'll wait to see if they respond to my email. According to their website, NY does not charge tax for DISH services.

Reactions: navychop
Well grasp this. There is no cutting in the Federal Government. NONE. At best proposed increases are cut back some. Meanwhile pet projects and more and more spending abound. The only cutting back is the consumer. Saying how do we run anything cutting all the time is a politician's dream.

Dude your living in the 2000!.....There are few pet projects(pork) than ever.....Thats the Feds......Were talken states that just keep slashing very important programs....and there just tryen to get it back....

As for the feds......well there are some projects...real good ones that have been gutted.....But leave that for another thread.....The STATES want there money that the Feds took away.....And there slitting there own throats now....

I guess you never heard of sequestration. :(

Correct.....! but you due know the way we all get our news, information, and views and or opinions makes this visible or non existent?...... very sad any way you slice it anyway ...:(

DISH has been charging sales tax in NC for a few years now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts