DISH Started Charging State Tax

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm paying $6.87 in state and local taxes here in Texas.

Red state...............So can we stop the stupid left right crap now?

We have cut the crap out of everything for 35 years, now we all pay!!!!!!

The IRS uses computers and systems from the late 90s!............and people have the B@lls to say government is incompetent....
Think Amazon is using windows 7 or XP?

Yes, they are often incompetent. It may be because of bad training, out of date equipment, like anywhere someone who just does not care, whatever, but your point only bolster's the fact.

DISH recently sent me an email saying that I needed to have a service call to have my dish flipped to the new arc (I am in Buffalo DMA). When the guy came he said they had placed an order to have him flip the dish and install new receivers. We already have two 211s and when he saw that he said we didn't need the receivers and just flipped the dish. HD was also turned on because we were already on credit card autopay (I assume). Now our bill shows the same charges as before-Smart Pak and one receiver fee-but also shows $1.28 state/local tax that was never there before. I contacted them and they said they have no control over these fees. Can anyone give me an idea about what is going on? $1.28 adds up over time.
Lets get something clear. Merchants do not "charge" sales tax....They "collect" sales tax.
Now, welcome to what customers in many other states have been paying for years.
These taxes are mere money grabs

I guess you never heard of sequestration. :(
Ahh...THat was not cutting anything. It was a 17% reduction in discretionary spending. Not one dime of non-discretionary spending was ever lost to sequestration. In fact, non-discretionary spending is under the law, sacrosanct. Not only cannot it be reduced, annual base line budget increases cannot be reduced.

Red state...............So can we stop the stupid left right crap now?

We have cut the crap out of everything for 35 years, now we all pay!!!!!!

The IRS uses computers and systems from the late 90s!............and people have the B@lls to say government is incompetent....
Think Amazon is using windows 7 or XP?
No political discussions permitted. Take it to the Pit.

Correct.....! but you due know the way we all get our news, information, and views and or opinions makes this visible or non existent?...... very sad any way you slice it anyway ...:(
gee. How about a 100% tax rate then?

gee. How about a 100% tax rate then?

I would not be surprised at some time and place...That we the middle class will have to carry more.....There is huge money over seas....
Anyone who reaps the benefits of freedom but hids money where ever .....thats were the problems arise.....
Cars dont go down in price.....Nothing does......So why would we think lowering our taxes should be any different? or thats right....thats why were not paying our bills of money thats already been spent(debt)
again....no one likes taxes.......but there are many prices one must pay for Freedom......

Cars dont go down in price.....Nothing does......

Televisions have, paid around 2 grand for my Vizio LCD 55" 1080P set about 6-7 years ago, paid $799 for the same size Vizio M series LED 4K set about a month ago.

Reactions: navychop
Televisions have, paid around 2 grand for my Vizio LCD 55" 1080P set about 6-7 years ago, paid $799 for the same size Vizio M series LED 4K set about a month ago.
More in the sense of technologies passing by. There wasn't much improvement in the 80s in color tvs.

Im not a big fan of China and there lack of child labor laws......I wouldn't wish my children or any child a life were they make a few dollars a day.....But hey you got a cheap TV.......and by the way one of the reasons the TV is cheaper is that they have newer sets with either more options on it or new technology....

I do not see the prices of anything go down.....if they do, its due to supply and demand....

My Dad used to tell me, "it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt".

and with that there are ramifications, I think less and less people stand up and speak the more we are taken advantage of.
If that is your choice wonderful.....I will go down swinging

Guys, a reminder that political talk is not allowed in the main forums. If politics is what you want to discuss, take it to the PIT. Thanks!

I think he was talking to you specifically.

He definitely was talking specifically to me. However, it's proven to be true about most of us. Just look at all the ignorance spouted in this thread through contradictory statements as an example.

and with that there are ramifications, I think less and less people stand up and speak the more we are taken advantage of.
If that is your choice wonderful.....I will go down swinging

I totally agree, but it helps to know what you are talking about and to articulate it in a manner which makes sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.