Dish Starts charging local tax for residents in Puerto Rico

dish isn't imposing local taxes on your bill, all they are doing is collecting local taxes, they don't see that money. it is your town, county or puerto rico that is collecting that. blame them, not dish.

That giant sucking sound is the government sucking your hard earned $$$ out of your pocket for "services".

I open the post not to complain about taxes because I pay local taxes here in Puerto Rico. It's to inform the people of Puerto Rico that Dish is going to start charging the local goverment 7% tax. It was the only sat. company in PR that was not charging the tax just for information:)

Yup...Nel...I also got that IVU in my invoice.....the only thing now is that dish treat PR subs as American subs as some post above suggest....because surely we only pay the same as American subs...but when it comes to upgrading things...only American subs get the things free.....whereas PR subs have to pay for everything

As a retailer I must say that New Dish Network Customer in PR do get things for free. For exiting subs we have another situation, and the problem les onthe fact that Dish don't lease receives to PR. Heck many local retailers give away for free an additional $100 worth of equipment meaning the 4 foot dishes, which only this year Dish started reimbursing some amount of that cost.

At least it's only a Sales Tax. I have no problem with those, the ones I do are the special "satellite use" taxes that some States have tried to pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)