Dish Still Looking for LTE Partners Laughs Off Idea That LTE Build is a Bluff

AT&T is the devils child!Evil I tell ya.I honestly believe that Darth Vader runs it.

The article seems to say only Sprint is currently ruled out since they got Dish mad by blocking Dish's acquisition of Clearwire.

T-Mobile seems to be a good fit to me. AT&T & VZ are probably too big to work a good deal.

It would be a lot easier in the short term to team up with an already established player in the market, I agree. But for a long-term competition advantage, it will be better IMO to team up with a new player with forward-thinking vision that would set them apart from the competition.

The problem with google would be build out requirements. Dish needs a lot of towers ASAP, a lot easier to team up with a company that has a bunch.
There are only four major players. However, the smaller guys are a possibility. MetroPCS (#7) is merging with T-mobile (#4), so they probably don't need the spectrum. Verizon (#1) and Sprint (#3) don't need the spectrum. ClearWire (#6) is merging with Sprint.

AT&T (#2) has the fastest LTE around when it's available despite their awful coverage map. They claim to be spectrum starved.

That leaves TracFone (#5), Cricket (#8) and US Cellular (#9). I don't see TracFone bothering with LTE right now. I could be wrong. That leaves Cricket and US Cellular. I want to bet on Cricket, but Cricket uses Sprint's network.

This means AT&T is the likely partner, if they can stomach working with Dish again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)