Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Had to re-aim my 10 footer last night. Had a bad spring storm go through last weekend with 3" of rain and 60mph north winds sustained for several hours. The wind actually bent the mast on the dish mount, a 5" 1/4" thick steel tube about 6' long. Moved it about 1.5 degrees. Not sure if I can bend it back... might have to replace it. Temporarily repaired by shimming the anchor points on the cement piles by adding washers.
The parbola seems ok, after shimming and adjusting the E/W count on the motor I have good signals again.
Will check my Ku dishes later today when it warms up a bit, hope none of them blew away.
28F and lots of frost this am... :(

Thought I'd have an afternoon of picking sticks, but seems the previous winds have done the job of removing most of the dead and weak limbs.
When Time Permits. I'll have to tweak, again, all my Ku dishes. Soggy ground because of all the rain has caused them to 'settle' a bit more. The BUD seems OK but will also check . Ok already, I'm ready for nice spring weather! 'Nuf rain and wind. Bring on the sun shine and chirping birds.

Been losing all my evergreen trees to that pine bark beetle so my dish is not protected from the north as it used to be. Real shame to lose those trees, they were just big enough to provide some real shelter, especially in the winter.
Agreed... spring can start any time. I spent the morning and part of the afternoon on the ATV rutting up my fields to let the water drain off, still have a bunch of seeding to do when it dries. What a season, no precip all winter and spring and then 4" within 5 days... River hasen't backed up yet but I am thinking those **** in Winnipeg might close the floodway just for kicks and flood us out again.

Guess one should look at the bright side... at least it's sunny and nice out, and there shouldn't be any grass fires for a few days!

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts