Dish Strikes Again!

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
The installer came today. First thing he say, "This is susposed to be a service call right"? I told him it was an install, so he's in a bad mood right away because of that and the heat. After two hours still no service. Now I need a new smart card for my 301 receiver! They are susposed to be sending it by UPS in 2 days. I'm sure they will bill me for that too!

:mad:

Well thats his fault the installer by not checking with Dish! So I would say he droped the ball on that.

Tracy
Wasnt that your own receiver? When you reactivated and gave them the R&S #'s the CSR should have saw that the card was an old one and shoulf have sent it out already

So are you set up and all you get is 101, 213, etc (the free stuff)

Iceberg said:
Tracy
Wasnt that your own receiver? When you reactivated and gave them the R&S #'s the CSR should have saw that the card was an old one and shoulf have sent it out already

So are you set up and all you get is 101, 213, etc (the free stuff)

I never really activated it-didn't give them the numbers. I figured let the installer do it for the money I am paying. If I had known about the problem I would have. Then again the CSRs should know something but they don't. The installer had to repeat my phone number 3 times to a CSR before they got it.

Yes, all I get is 101 etc. everything else says "you must activate a new card" or something. I tried the "Dish Home" channel (which works on my FTA receiver :) ) and got just 6 blank screens.

So a word to the wise for anyone who plans to re-activate an older receiver-you may need a new smart card!

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Yes, all I get is 101 etc. everything else says "you must activate a new card" or something. I tried the "Dish Home" channel (which works on my FTA receiver :) ) and got just 6 blank screens.
correct. When I had just locals, those chanels were "locked" on 100. Unless Dish gives a free view, they'll stay locked unless you subscribe to that channel

So a word to the wise for anyone who plans to re-activate an older receiver-you may need a new smart card!
good point :)

Poke said:
Well thats his fault the installer by not checking with Dish! So I would say he droped the ball on that.

I wouldn't necessarily place all the blame on the installer's shoulders. He's given a workorder. A lot of times that workorder is given to him late the night before or the day of said install. Not something that is conducive success. So with that said, a lot of installers take it at face value that what is written on a work order is gospel. Too many times Dish won't allow for modifications on the fly. They'll just tell the customer and tech to have a reschedule.

As to the OP, you should consider yourself lucky that you actually had a card in your 301. Recently I had an attempted install where the customer bought a 501 on flea-bay. One major problem tho...his receiver didn't have a smartcard. What a waste of mine and the attempted-customer's time!! The only way Dish would send him a card is if he was already a customer or (!!) he already had one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)