Dish subscriber - Streaming apps don't work right

mjrusso45

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
My Mom is a current Dish subscriber, and I tried to get the streaming apps working on her iPad. For example, the watch TNT app, or Watch DisneyXD. Great for when the grandkids come over and Grandpa is watching football. Anyway, the authentication seems to work OK, as it says welcome Dish member and the little "lock" icons go way and you see a Dish logo in the bottom. However, when you try to watch anything, it says access denied, or authentication errors, etc. I've tried on various devices (iPad, Roku, Kindle Fire HD) and they all have similar problems.

Has anyone seen this before? Does she need to call Dish CS?

Haven't had any other issues reported. Unfortunately if you are able to login than the DISH part is working. If there are issues once logged in please refer to the program provider's website for viewing requirements as well as for troubleshooting not related to login issues.

Just to try something else and take "apps" out of the picture. I tried watching TNT online (website).

I logged into the Dish part ok, but just before the live show stream started, i got this pop up:

"You do not have a subscription to view the requested content. To upgrade your programming, click:" (Then it has a link to https://my.dish.com/customercare/myprogramming/showMyProgramming.do )

I checked her programming, and it says she has the "Welcome Pack" plus tuners and DVR service. Are there certain packs that are not eligible for the streaming services?

Thanks for clarifying. The Welcome Pack does not include Disney or TNT, that popup generally appears as soon as you login. We can look at options to upgrading their monthly package so access to these apps will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)