Dish Support?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I see you stated someone at DirecTv told you you could have two Genies, you'd better triple check that, because if you do any reading in the DTV forum, you'll learn that they only will authorize one Genie per account. You can have as many HR24 DVRs with the Genie as you want, just not two Genies.

I see you stated someone at DirecTv told you you could have two Genies, you'd better triple check that, because if you do any reading in the DTV forum, you'll learn that they only will authorize one Genie per account. You can have as many HR24 DVRs with the Genie as you want, just not two Genies.

Thanks, I will if I decide to go that route. I'm 99% sure I'm going with Dish. I never, ever want to deal with DirecTV's customer service again, it was the worst of any company I've ever dealt with. The couple of super angry, defensive and unhelpful guys on here make me rethink that...but then that's not Dish's fault. Thanks much for your help. I appreciate it.

I never called you a liar, "pal," nor did I make a wise guy insulting crack. You can't point to a single instance of that. Don't blame me because you choose to be a douche. ...

When you 'add' an external hard drive to a DirecTV receiver it doesn't add to the internal drive, it replaces it.

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1763/~/can-i-increase-the-recording-capacity-of-my-standard-dvr-or-hd-dvr?

I've had DirecTV, and I'm fairly sure that my esata drive added to the space, not just replaced it. But either way I disagree with your conclusion. If you plan on having a lot of receivers fail and having to have backups of all of your recordings, then it would, indeed, be a handy feature. But if that's expected with Dish, I'm not sure that's a good thing, you know? DirecTV has lots of hidden fees and their customer service is among the worst of any company I've ever dealt with (both of which are the reasons I switched), but I never had a receiver or DVR fail on me, not once in over 6 years of service.

I have a DirecTV Genie right here and it works just like it says it does on the DirecTV web site. We've had several DirecTV DVR's fail and lost all the recordings and timers and settings every time. I have a Hopper and a Genie and I use the Hopper for everything and the Genie for back up.

Enjoy your DirecTV.

Yeah, I noted that earlier in the thread. Reading is hard.

Also, I haven't decided for DirecTV yet (and given my prior experience with them, it's not likely now either). But with comments like that, it wouldn't surprise me if you did drive people away from the company you obviously prefer.

There you go. And I'm sure your 'prior experience' with DirecTV was all their fault too. And now you're name calling as well. I've got a feeling you're going to get this thread to disappear.

The Hopper does not copy programs to the EHD. It moves them to the EHD freeing up that space on the internal EHD. So if you add a 2TB drive to the Hopper it gives you a total of 4TB. You can move programs back and forth between the Hopper and EHD.

Sorry about my putting in internal EHD instead of internal hard drive in my post #49 quoted above as pointed out in post #50. I did not mean to confuse anyone.
What happened to the edit button, by the way.

Edit: I found the edit button. I did not see it before posting.

There you go. And I'm sure your 'prior experience' with DirecTV was all their fault too. And now you're name calling as well. I've got a feeling you're going to get this thread to disappear.

Yes, there you go. I said "I'm fairly sure," but then someone said something that made me remember that it actually replaces it instead of adding to the pool. I acknowledged it. I'm still not sure why that deserved your snarky response, "Enjoy your DirecTV."

I also never claimed that my prior experience with DirecTV was all their fault. You seem intent on arguing against things no one actually said. Is it just your nature to want to argue?

I stand by what I said; you seem intent on driving people away from this product by the way you treat them, which is odd because you so vehemently defend it. You should take a moment to think about how you interact with people, and consider if it's really helpful or not, or kind or not. Is that really how/who you want to be? Are you proud of the way you've acted in this thread?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts