dish swap out?

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
Is E* swapping out their dishes? i live in a area that once got there locals from the 105 bird. Today i noticed at least 3 houses that used to have a superdish now has a Dish 500.

NO need for the superdish for 105 as your locals are now also on 110 sat. All you need is a dish 500 for sd programming and your locals. Hd locals and programming will need a dish 1000 or a side sat to 61.5 and a dish 500 for main programming.

That much i knew MikeD.:) Just wondering since they moved to the 110 sat,are they swapping older superdish installs for the dish 500.

I know that in my area where we have locals on 105 and 129, many people swapped out their SuperDish to a Dish1000. I'm betting it is due to the issues that the SuperDish had with their lnbf's particularly the 105 FSS lnbf. Some still have the old SuperDish up but most have the Dish1000 in their place.

The installer I had mentioned that they replace SuperDishes with D1000 units anytime they do a service call. Otherwise, no, they just don't go replacing dishes when nothings wrong.

Is E* swapping out their dishes? i live in a area that once got there locals from the 105 bird. Today i noticed at least 3 houses that used to have a superdish now has a Dish 500.
I haven't heard..I hope so. Because I have a friend in another former 105 DMA and he'd love to get that big assed dish off of his roof.
1-800-333-3474...That's the best I can do..

I wouldn't mind taking a nice ride into the Tri cities area to do it for you....You're about 3 hrs form here...

I haven't heard..I hope so. Because I have a friend in another former 105 DMA and he'd love to get that big assed dish off of his roof.
1-800-333-3474...That's the best I can do..

That's why i waited for the tri-cities locals to move to E10.:) My installer did a helluva job on the install. Had the house pre-wired and when he got here i handed him a DPP twin for my 625. He said you just made my job easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)