Dish takes $300

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I upgrade to a 922 and V211 and send back the old units the next business day.
Not, DISH attaches my credit card $300 for non return! The bastards. Well, they are going to be told to drop my automatic bill paying and straighten out this mess. Not only is this just one unit, it is TWO that they say they did not receive.
Well, to tracking, now.

I never had an issue returning my equipment to Dish when upgrading, but I always save the tracking number incase Dish charges me for not returning the equipment.

I had the same problem when I turned off Dish at my last home. I was billed $100 for not returning the LNB. I called and they said it wasn't in the box. I was politely firm that I knew it was in the box because it barely fit and actually buldged the side of the box out (the box was for the 522). I was put on hold and after a few mins they came back and said they would credit the $100.

:confused: i have read about the lnb returns. but every time i ask dish if i own mine, now that i upgraded to a leased VIP622 and they installed a dish1000+. they say i Owen the dish with lnb's, switches and coax. and of course all my previously owned receivers. so why do they want to disable the dish so bad? makes it harder to return the customer to service. and theres the major problem for some people to clime a ladder and figure out how to remove it 15ft in the air!

Today they found I returned the equipment. But, they applied around 100 to my September bill and sent a credit to my card. I also cancelled AutoPay at this point.

They said the equipment was returned late but I had them recind that after they check tracking and said the delay was with UPS.

Yuk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)