DISH takes away HD Free for Life if you go off AutoPay

I have two credit cards, a Visa from my credit union and an AMEX from Costco. I use both continuously. I simply pay them off each month and have no interest at all, haven't for years....

Reactions: bobvick
I use a single credit card for almost every purchase, average about $1,500/mo, and pay in full every month. The cash back adds up fast.

Why would you not want do autopay and paperless billing? I have for years; its great. First off I have it charged to a credit card that I pay off monthly and get 1% cash back on. So for my roughly $120 a month bill time 12 months I get about $14 cash back each year plus I do not have to buy close to $6 a year in stamps to mail the bill each month. I also never have to worry about late fees as the bill is just handled. Then what is my time worth. So to not do paperless billing with autopay you would be giving up about $14 a year in free cash, paying $6 a year for stamps, and paying another $10 a month for service for a total of around $140 a year. I guess you just have a lot of time on your hands and really like writing checks and buying stamps.
We have been on auto pay for years and now we get around $40.00 a month back off my Bank of America credit card I use for food and gas and all my utilities like DISH, T mobile, TWC for internet etc. I use my Amazon card for all Health and Beauty Aides and supplements, prescriptions, Vet bills and doctor bills. I get around $25.00 - $35.00 back a month for using that card. So I basically am getting around $75.00 to $85.00 a month back between the two credit cards and I have everything on auto pay or auto debit. I only use cash for personal spending that I don't have to account for , for my wife and I.

There are still plenty of PIA accounts getting setup with SD equipment to this day. Also, these legacy changeovers, are pushing out 311's. Ask Iceberg, said his old man got a 311, and I believe he had another family member get a 311. So they are not only pushing out VIP, although it is more likely you will get a VIP or XiP receiver.
yup. My dad had 2 301's get replaced with a 311's to go with his 625 and 322
My grandma had a 301 get replaced with a 311k (which is a neutered 322 but no 2nd output). So now she has a 311k and 2 311's

both were done within the last 2 weeks.

I still know people that won't use online bill pay. Ive been using it for about 15 years now, back when they used to cut and send checks out for you and it took awhile for the payment to arrive. Now it's mostly electronic transfer.

I have the new Citi card double cash back credit card. I charge everything and pay it off every month. I do not have any ATM cards. If an ATM card is stolen and money removed from you checking account, you pay the loss. With any credit card, there is no loss to your account if stolen or charged against that number. Much safer and 2% cash back every month. Average about $50 a month to me. And no ATM fees, if I need cash, I just cash a check at the bank.

Same here with credit cards . We pay everything on cards and pay off at the end of month . I have never paid any interest and have received a lot back in rewards all my bills are auto pay .

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I almost only use my debit card, and I lost that a few months ago. Wellsfargo said since I could not identify the last three charges, they were going to overturn them. So, that theory goes right out the window.

Same here with credit cards . We pay everything on cards and pay off at the end of month . I have never paid any interest and have received a lot back in rewards all my bills are auto pay .
Same here, we pay off our two credit cards each month and no interest payments. We also live on a tight budget , so the extra cash back off our two cards monthly is a great bonus on top of the convenience of using the plastic instead of cash.

While we pontificate about autopay and credit cards, I wonder if the OP ever contacted DIRT to get his situation corrected.

EDIT: Post# 6969 :D

I still know people that won't use online bill pay. Ive been using it for about 15 years now, back when they used to cut and send checks out for you and it took awhile for the payment to arrive. Now it's mostly electronic transfer.
Based on my history, you seem to be at a much greater threat of theft if you go shopping at a store and use your card there than online.

The only time my card was compromised was using it at a sit-down restaurant where the waiter takes your card away to pay, and they skimmed it.

The only time my card was compromised was using it at a sit-down restaurant where the waiter takes your card away to pay, and they skimmed it.
Speaking of which, I wanted to thank you for the coat. Nothing beats the warm of authentic fake mink.

Reactions: navychop
do not have any ATM cards. If an ATM card is stolen and money removed from you checking account, you pay the loss. With any credit card, there is no loss to your account if stolen or charged against that number. Much safer

You need a new bank. Good thing there are so many to choose from. Not only do charges on my ATM card enjoy the same sort of fraud protection as my credit card (I know, because I've gone through a dispute before), but I also get another +1 warranty on purchases just like with my credit card.

And no ATM fees, if I need cash, I just cash a check at the bank.

Again, get a new bank. I don't have ATM fees either. If for some reason I can't find an ATM in my network (rare... it doesn't have to be MY bank's ATM) and another bank's ATM charges me a fee, I get credited for it.

I've even considered setting up another checking account with my bank and having a separate card tied to that account for "risk" purchases. Anytime I need to pay with a card, I first transfer the exact amount of money into that account (online or using my bank's Android app), and THEN make my purchase. That way no one with my card can get me for any surprise charges... the money simply won't be there and it'll get declined.

My credit union reimburses me up to $4.00 per month other banks' ATM fees. Since I use my credit card for most every purchase, I rarely have to get money out of the ATM more than once a month, usually less.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)