Dish Tech Support

GuyWhoMoves

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 9, 2021
Las Vegas
I have talk with My Dish multiple times. Issue is I cannot get the Big4 on locals from San Francisco. I receive other stations from San Francisco live KRON. Please, please help

OK, that would be Santa Clara and that is in the SF DMA. On your Hopper 3 remote go to Guide and make sure you are showing All Subscribed in the top right corner. If it doesn’t show All Subscribed, press Options and change it to All Subscribed.

Have done this multiple times with/without Dish and it makes no difference. If I have not mentioned this before I do get a number of San Francisco stations, such as KRON channel 4.

Have done this multiple times with/without Dish and it makes no difference. If I have not mentioned this before I do get a number of San Francisco stations, such as KRON channel 4.
You did mention that actually and I looked to see that KRON was on the same satellite as the big 4. It is, so that is why I wanted to ensure that you were on All Subscribed and not a Favorites guide. I ‘m sure you have done this as well but if you haven’t, unplug the Hopper from power for a minute and then plug it back in. Let it fully reboot. Did that fix it? Another thing to try is to do the Home 3 times, go down to Tools and then do a Guide Update.

You did mention that actually and I looked to see that KRON was on the same satellite as the big 4. It is, so that is why I wanted to ensure that you were on All Subscribed and not a Favorites guide. I ‘m sure you have done this as well but if you haven’t, unplug the Hopper from power for a minute and then plug it back in. Let it fully reboot. Did that fix it? Another thing to try is to do the Home 3 times, go down to Tools and then do a Guide Update.
Go Bobby Go.
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Something else that just popped into my brain…. When I asked what zip code you were in you said “currently 95037.” Are you an RVer? I was assuming you were at a fixed address. If you are mobile there could be other things causing the issue.

Yes we have unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in. Quite the chore doing this in a RV. I have not gone to tools and UPDATED the guide, will look later today. I was under the impression there was a automatic update early in the day.
Winegard says if I am getting the 3 satellites its a Dish issue. You have said the same thing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes we have unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in. Quite the chore doing this in a RV.
A tip for you from another RV'er... I have my Hopper's power cord plugged into a low cost remote control switch, the kind used for Christmas tree lights and such. "Unplugging and plugging back in" just takes a couple of button presses.

So, you are an RVer! I know there is a way for RVers to change locals via the internet. If you do that already you might try to change your zip code. I am in the SF DMA and I receive all of the local channels. You might try to change your zip code to mine, 94928. See if that helps. If you do your changes via a call in you could do the same that way.

So, you are an RVer! I know there is a way for RVers to change locals via the internet. If you do that already you might try to change your zip code. I am in the SF DMA and I receive all of the local channels. You might try to change your zip code to mine, 94928. See if that helps. If you do your changes via a call in you could do the same that way.
Yes, RV'ers. tailgators, etc, with a Dish "Outdoors" prepaid account can easily change locals using the "MyDish" app on a smartphone or GPS equipped tablet.

Yes, RV'ers. tailgators, etc, with a Dish "Outdoors" prepaid account can easily change locals using the "MyDish" app on a smartphone or GPS equipped tablet.
Hmm, maybe that is the issue, GPS. On some apps my phone and tablet puts me in an entirely different area, like in the East Bay while I am in the North Bay. That issue actually makes my Fox station come from Sacramento rather than San Francisco. That is not with Dish though just using Roku and the like.

Hmm, maybe that is the issue, GPS. On some apps my phone and tablet puts me in an entirely different area, like in the East Bay while I am in the North Bay. That issue actually makes my Fox station come from Sacramento rather than San Francisco. That is not with Dish though just using Roku and the like.
The app uses your phone's GPS to determine which market you're in. If that's not working, then the locals can't be changed using that method.

A tip for you from another RV'er... I have my Hopper's power cord plugged into a low cost remote control switch, the kind used for Christmas tree lights and such. "Unplugging and plugging back in" just takes a couple of button presses.

The app uses your phone's GPS to determine which market you're in. If that's not working, then the locals can't be changed using that method.
Sounds reasonable however, I checked my phones location iPhoneX and the it set for when using. Why do I get a large number of San Francisco Stations and not the Big4

Sounds reasonable however, I checked my phones location iPhoneX and the it set for when using. Why do I get a large number of San Francisco Stations and not the Big4
Reset Hopper, Backup Settings, Restore Settings, Restore Recordings. Reset to Factory Defaults & Upgrade Software This already has the latest version. No option to upgrade Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)